cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fit To Page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My report width is beyond the 300 collumn, and its very hard to manage on the page, is there any special format or way to fit the report on page.

Please advise us

Regards

Anwer Waseem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwer,

What is the system and report type you are using?

Please have a look at OSS NOTE 313566

With Regards

Junaid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Junaid

We are using ECC 6 on Win servers, there are many reports which are exceeding to 300 columns, the following notes did not help us.

REgards

Anwer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anwer,

In my opnion there are 2 ways of looking at this issue:

1. You run the report online. In this case you need use the scroll bar to view the extra columns. If you want to compress this then I guess you need to check with your ABAP folks. I dont think it is possible without hiding columns anyways.

2. You run report in background and are facing issues will displaying spool requests. Please check OSS note 186603 for this. I have implemented it for my system.

If you re facing issues with print outs then you need to create an appropriate device type.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Message was edited by:

Ruchit Khushu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Ruchit

I will frame my question again.

I am using ECC 6 Kernel 700 level 105 on Win2003 server,

my report has more then 255 column, i can see the report on screen and printer but the printout has been shrink due to column exceeded more then 300.

Is there any way like EXCEL or Word to fit report on one page. ?

REgards

Anwer Waseem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwer,

We have been looking for a solution for what I believe is the same problem, for more than 2 years now. I would just like to verify with you, if your requirement are similar to ours.

Problem:

1. Requirement is to run large HR reports – either standard or with Ad Hoc Query in background mode in a company with more than 50,000 employees.

2. Nobody wants printed reports these days. We want to save the forests. Customers prefer to be emailed an Excel file so they can do further data analysis, filtering, pivot tables etc.

3. Reports are running OK in foreground for smaller sections of the organisation, where you send the output to Excel from ALV, or save as a local file in spreadsheet format.

4. But large reports for entire company are awkward, tie up your PCs resources, and complex reports accessing many tables can timeout before completion.

5. So scheduling these reports to run in background would be the ideal solution.

6. However when we access the report output from SP02, we find that most reports (say with more than 13 or so fields) have an output wider than 255 characters and the output of the spool file wraps to the next line in Excel. It is very tricky to then parse the data back into one row for each employee. And you have a problem if you output is for 50,000 or so employees, because then you file is 100,000 rows and will not load completely into Excel – limit problem of 65,536 characters.

7. We simply want a spool file that does not wrap the data to the next line after 255 characters.

8. But how to explain this simple requirement to some technical people. It seems a lot of posts on SDN think we always want to print a spool file. NO – remember the forests!

Possible Solutions:

I see a lot of posts here that refer to OSS note 186603, but they don’t mention the target for the output of the spool is to import into an Excel File (i.e. spreadsheet format). Just search for 186603 or ” Spool request with more than 255 columns”. There is also a reference to OSS note 313566. I am not sure if these will work?

I have also seen the suggestions that you need to define a customer printer format that does not wrap the output after 255 characters (create a new format type in transaction SPAD).

Did you find a solution yet to this problem or can anyone else help us!

John McKee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Have anyone reply a solution to the problem described? I'm also trying to solve the problem. Appreciate your input.

Thanks,

David Tan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Sorry for the delayed to put the solution of my problem.

I have taken 2 steps to resolve my problem. which are as belows;

1) I have defined the "PRINTER DRIVER--from the Device Type -- ARSWIN -- Swin Printer Driver for SWIN Printing Using SAPLPD/Windows"

2) I have selected the format x_65_200 (ABAP list: at least 65 line)

I am able to manage my reports with two options above and FINANCE department are happy with the output.

REgards

Anwer Waseem

SAP BASIS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwer,

Thanks for the rreplied.

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwer,

May I know that if I use CNSAPWIN instead of ARSWIN device type, is it able to do the same thing as well?

Hope you can reply me as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow the SAP Note 966835.Where it tells to modify the RSWATCH0 Program (using correction note 811640).

We have successfully implemented in out System.

regards

Deepu

Edited by: Deepu Rajendrababu on May 15, 2008 9:41 AM