cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enquire install solution manager profile directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I'm currently install the solution manager 7.1 database instance, does any one know what's path that I can put in the following profile directory?

Rdgs,

Emily

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Emily ,

First of all are you planning for a Distributed environment  ( Database and SAP instance in seperate physical servers ) ?

If yes then you need to Install ASCS and SCS instances as detailed in your screenshot + as  suggested by Manuels above

Thanks ,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

For my environment, my DB and SAP instance is in the same physical servers. But I find I can't install SUM and prompt the following error (first screen dump). I'm thinking I have missing the "AS Java Process Table" in sapmmc. Actually I have install from oracle --> central system, but it just got "AS ABAP WP Table". No "AS Java Process Table".

Rdgs,

Emily

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emily,

can you post the DETERMINE_-Enigine-Relase.log from your SUM logs.

also Do verify what's the activity your performing. As from the intial of thread your performing installtion.

And from the above reply its SUM screen. So after installation are you Upgrading the  SPS stack for same.

also have you followed below steps before starting upgradde:-

1. Install ASCS
  2. Install SCS
  3. Install Database Instance
  4. Install Primary Central Instance --> which will take care of your JAVA installation too
  5. Perform post installation steps --> Se06,stms, etc
  6. Download SPS stacks using Mopz
  7. Take full backup of system
  8. Upgrade the SPS using SUM

Let us know the details.

Thanks and Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emily,

Also from the Above MMC screenshot its pretty cleary that your java node is down.

So request you to check the JAVA node and paste  the Error logs of Server0 and bootstrap where in we will be able to help you more.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Thanks for your advice, I have solved the problem it's because I'm using the other administrator user id in window to switch on the instance in sapmmc. I can find my AS JAVA table by using administrator user id to switch on instance again. Thanks!

Rdgs,
Emily

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Emily,

For letting us know the solution.

Please close the thread for future reference.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Emily,

Please choose another drive except C drive.

As part of installation step, It should have prompted you with defined profile path.

You can try ..as

Select another drive

\SAPHOSTNAME\sapmnt\SAPSID\SYS\Profile

Regards

Anand

mamartins
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need first to install ASCS instance before the DB instance.

It's the ASCS instance that creates the SAPMNT share and the profile directory is under it.

Regards,

MM