cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry Editor 70.8.0.10, Complex Table, Parent Indexes, Rule Editor Issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we just migrated our agentry application to the SMP. Everything works fine so far, but I'm experiencing issues with the (new) agentry editor. We did some heavy customizing to our app, so I can say I'm quite experienced with agentry development.

Currently I'm having issues concerning the definition of complex tables and later usage in the rule editor. I want to implement a simple complex table with a hierarchy like  A -> B -> C.

The table structure is defined as:  GUID, AId, ADescription, BId, BDescription, CId, CDescription

To support the hierarchy I defined the indexes

• GUID (unique index)
  • AId
  • BIdByAId (AId is parent index)
  • CIdByBIdByAId (BIdByAId is parent index)

So if I want to get CDescription of this complex table with a rule, the default behaviour would be to use index CIdByBIdByAId and pass both parent indexes. This is somehow not possible anymore in the new agentry editor. The rule editor doesn't seem to realize, that the index CIdByBIdByAId has parent indexes. And this problem only happens with complex tables which have been defined with the new editor. Complex tables which have been developed with the old editor, having the same structure, can be used without any problems.

So I wonder if somebody else is experiencing this issue. I cannot explain this behaviour and I think it's a bug.

greetings,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sudhiranjan_lenka
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

We are also experiencing same issue with the new editor(SP08 & SP07), it seems to be an issue with the editor.

We do such development in the old editor(SMP-2.3) and import those into the new editor, its working fine for us.

Thanks,

Sudhir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sudhir , we are also facing same issue  and for us new editor is 70.6.0.7 but same thing working in old editor WM 5.3 . in new we can see screen transaction but looks like rule is not working as expected . May you please suggest ? what steps if take then for new version then it will work as old one . for more information i have also attached rule (what we suspect not working as expected .) Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Given that the latest Editor is now SDK SP10 PL01 have you tried that.  They did fix some rule editor issues in this release related to Javascript and in general the Rule Editor seems better behaved for me now with SP10 PL01.  I would suggest testing with that version and if it is still not working please open an OSS Note so it can get logged and fixed.

Thanks,

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill . currently i am using Agentry 70.9.0.6 version but not sure is it related attached rule issue or something else . but same thing is working for WM 5.3 editor . complex table rule is not at all returning any value so it means it can not find any value when we input with this rule . can you please have look once this rule ? Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya

sudhiranjan_lenka
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

As Bill advised, please try in the latest editor and also you can try the followings.

I believe, It's the issue with Complex table index not with the rule.

Please try the following things.

1.    Take the old editor and create the same index with a different name.

2.    Export only that index and use it in your rule in the new editor.

I hope it will resolve your issue.

I am confident because, we had a scenario where we had to loop a complex table on a particular index and we didn't use any rule for it but it was not giving any result.Then we tried the same way as I mentioned above and it's working for us.

It's not only me other  colleagues also experienced the same issue .

Good Luck!!

Thanks,

Sudhir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christian , We are also facing same issue like your problem and complex table value is not populating  based on index but its working as expected in old version (WM 5.3 Editor ) and same thing we added in WM 6.2 Editor(70.6.0.7) but its not working in new one and it looks like bug only . not sure is there any work around in new to work like old one ? May you please suggest ? did you over come with this situation? Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya