Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEV_xxx user credentials

former_member768285
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope someone can help me.

I added my hanatrial db to the list of systems and created a couple of tables there.

I am now trying to log on to the hana db using this document : Connect to SAP HANA via JDBC - SAP HANA Developer Guide for SAP HANA Studio - SAP Library

So the format would be sth like :

connection = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:sap://[dbURL]:30015?reconnect=true&timeout=0",[USER], [PWD]");

The property window tells me that the URL is "jdbc:sap://localhost:30015?reconnect=true&timeout=0 " (is this correct ?? )

and the USER is of type "DEV_[xxxxxxx]"

but I'm not sure how to get the password.

I assumed there was some sort of mapping to my GLOBAL ID and PW so I tried these but it seems to hang at the connection point and never succeed.

If I use the DEV_ user with my GLOBAL password (or empty) it returns a "[10]: invalid username or password" error

Where can I find or reset the DEV_xx user credentials ? or am I missing sth altogether ?

Thanks

Ollie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ollie,

technically, the description you cited above is correct. However, you cannot access the database direcectly; it is protected.

So what you need to do it to open a tunnel first, using the neo command line tool. This is described in [1]. When opening the tunnel, you will be shown the user credentials which you have to use for the JDBC connection.

Your URL looks okay (the host name "localhost" is correct too).

Best Regards,

Jürgen

[1] SAP HANA Cloud Platform

former_member768285
Discoverer
0 Kudos

thanks Jürgen that helped a lot indeed !!

I didn't realize a tunnel had to be set.

I also found this video tutorial for it if that can help someone else :

SAP HANA Academy - Live3: Setup HCP Tunnel - YouTube

I am now facing a user lock out when using the above code . It's my own fault , but the user is locked for a day and I can see this being a recurring problem in what we need to do.

Is there a quick way to unlock the user or request it ?

Thanks

Ollie

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

OliverGoetz
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

for trial instances in HCP please follow the documentation here: https://help.hana.ondemand.com/help/frameset.htm?38686b0610404a5e9c261d189cc33cb9.html.

Best regards,

Oliver