cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection insrtuction is not printed

0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have defined control key ZQ01 and assigned to the operation of an inspection plan, within the operation there is no inspection characteristic

I have activated print function at Inspection type level: 

When an inspection lot is created with inspection type 0101, inspection instruction is not printed.

Only if I assign inspection characteristics to the operation can the inspection instruction be printed out.

My question is: How to get the inspection instruction printed automatically if there is no inspection characteristics in the inspection plan?

Regards

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you aren't inspecting anything why do you expect inspection instructions to be printed?  Where is the data for them to come from?

Craig

0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

What I expect is, when an inspection lot is created, somebody has to be informed. I would not need an "instruction" which tells me what need to be inspected.

Daniel

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your purpose is just to inform someone about the inspection lot creation can't you look for an email triggering after GR with some workflow or ABAP logic? Inspection instructions aren't meant for this purpose. They serve as guidelines for the material to be inspected and contain the procedure about inspection to be carried out.

Although it is possible to trigger emails, why to you need to inform someone about the lot creation? Can't the concerned users directly log in to QA32 and check it on specific intervals that whether the lot is created or not. That is what I have experienced at most of the places folks follow as this is the daily activity for QA department.

Anand

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can create a "dummy" characteristic.  A simple Pass/Fail characteristic with a description of "Noftiication Characteristic".

Set the control indicator as "Optional char."

Since the MIC is optional, it is not required for your UD to be made. It will print in the inspection instructions if you have the print indicator on in the control indictors, (2 page at bottom).  You might be able to set this as "Do not print" and maybe it will print your inspection instructions with no characteristics on it then.  I haven't tested printing inspection instructions when all the characteristics are set as "Do not print".  So I don't know how it will behave.

Craig

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please check following settings in

Spro>QM>QI>Define Print control

Please aslo assign Printer and check

0 Kudos

Hi Diwakar,

I have maintained the same settings but still not getting printed. Seems inspection characteristic is mandatory if I want to print inspection instruction.

Daniel

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Inspection Characteristics is not mandatory to print instruction, check below i was able to print Instructions without characteristics assigned to the operation

Please also check form assigment in print control