cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EASY DMS without DVA for vault

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Am new to EASY DMS concept. As a proof of concept, instead of writing custom code for a Windows explorer kind of replication

for sap gui, it has been recommended to us to use EASY DMS for accessing documents.

I have done the following to the best of my knowledge and am stuck

1) Downloaded EASY DMS login for frontend and am able to login to my system

2) Using SAP database as storage system by using document types with KPRO option checked, i was able to check in a document

and view the same in SAP

3) However, we need to redirect the files to an external file system( as a vault ) without DVA . The option of not going withour DVA though performance

bottleneck exists, reason is the file names are assumed to be renamed on  the vault.

4) So , i defined a data carrier type as vault, but am not sure what to give the vault path and the entry in logical mount drive.

I undestand from the note 183119 - Setting up a vault that we need to set up the logical drives/mount points , but i was not able to understand how it works. I could come upto the point that without DVA, it acts like a normal WS_UPLOAD to the mount on AL11 and then places back into the vault folder.

How can the file be transferred/ or the trigger which would place into the vault path?

Fortunately, for the sandbox system am in , i have access to all Transactions as part of authorization.

However, would request you experts, to throw some light on the file transfer, an example configuration values if i have to set up my computer drive as a vault path. This brings up the question that the application server should access the directory..not sure How?

Thanks in advance

Sampath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sampath,

Can you check the front end computer settings and try uploading documents from Easy DMS.

Rgds,

Nayeem.