Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARIBA Adapter Installation - Not appearing in Communication Channel

sherin_jose4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working on an Integration project to connect ARIBA with SAP ECC having SAP PI as the middleware.

As part of the initial installation, our Basis person has communicated to me that he has installed the ITK adapter (ARIBA) in our Development system. However, i am not able to see the same when i load the list of adapters when creating a communication channel.

Is there any specific steps required to be done to populate the Adapter details in the Communcation Channel (Adapter Type) ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sherin_jose4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just now had a discussion with the ARIBA consultants and looks like the requirement is not to connect to the ARIBA cloud system but it is about connection using ITK toolkit, which is more of connection using the Jobs in Jobs scheduler. Ideally it will mostly be a file based connection to the ARIBA system.

Now my doubt is that is it efficient in every way to schedule the file transfers using Java Jobs or by creating an interface itself.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>Now my doubt is that is it efficient in every way to schedule the file transfers using Java Jobs or by creating an interface itself.

I believe that is the standard process recommended by Ariba/SAP to transfer master data and most customers implemented the same approach. There is no need to apply any transformation as the files might have been generated by Ariba ERP add-on. So processing files using batch jobs shouldn't be an issue.

arunneerolil
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sherin,

Ariba ITK can communicate with SAP ERP directly. You can bypass PI if required.

It can take care of the scheduling as well.

Regards,

Arun

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

arunneerolil
Contributor
0 Kudos

check if you have imported the Software Component for Ariba Adapter

Adapter metadata is in the above namespace. Make sure that you can see this in the ESR

regards,

Arun

sherin_jose4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thanks for your reply.

I did not see this software component (TPZ) provided to me and i also tried to look this in the SLD and was not able to find this.

Should this be provided to us by ARIBA consultants ?

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can download it by yourself.

Refer to download and installation section in the below blog,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

We are facing the same problem "Ariba adapter not showing in monitor" after deploying the AribaNetworkAdapterSAPNetweaver_SapAddOn.tpz on PO7.5 server. Is there any metadata file to be placed on the server ?

We are using CI6 version of Ariba adapter as shown in the above screenshot.

Regards

Varun   

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, issue was resolved with basis team reinstalling the adapter again and also the metadata files

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is adapter metadata available in ESR? Did you import .tpz file into ESR?