cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR report working in Win 10 but page orientation fails at print

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi--

This is for a CR created in VS 2013 with CR update 14 installed on the development machine.

I have a CR that opens and displays data just fine on the screen as formatted for landscape on Win 10.  However when I try to print, it prints in portrait only.  On Win 7 and 8.1, it prints in landscape as formatted without any action in the print window.  Changing the Win 10 printer preferences manually to landscape has no effect.

This happens on both the physical printer and when printing to MS pdf and XPS, so apparently not related to the physical printer driver (which was updated after installing Win 10, and does print in landscape with anything else).

Is this an issue to be fixed with CR update 15?  If so, any ideas on how I might fix this in the interim?

Since changing the printer preferences to landscape manually has no effect, it doesn't seem likely that doing so in code would help much.

This is for a product that is in the hands of users--so, would really appreciate any ideas!

Thanks,

Charles Carroll

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Charles

CRVS is not supported on WIN 10. I actually have no access to WIN 10, so no ability to test your scenario. Next SP is planned to support WIN 10 (ETA... Septemberish...(?)).

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to clarify, the development machine is Win 7, not Win 10.

The problem occurs when a program containing a CR is installed on a Win 10 client

Charles Carroll

0 Kudos

Same problem, Windows 10 is not currently supported. Should be with SP 15 due out September-ish...

Also, XPS printer driver is not capable of printing landscape. Microsoft limitation.

Search for KBA 2163438 and see if my test app works for you.

Don