Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event handler type

petra_just
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

have changed the EM customizing settings recently. Have created a custom application object type for FUs and FOs.

Have done the following Settings:

1. create application object type for FUs and another one for FOs

2. create custom condition for custom AOT and assign it to the event handler type

3. create rule set and activities for FUs and FOs and expected event profiles as copy of the standard

2. create Event handler types for Fus and FOs

2. assign Event Manager to each AOT and activate

3. assign Standard mapping Profile to Logical system and custom application object type in "assign Parameter"

4. assign custom AOT to FU type and FO type

The FU is saved and an Event handler is generated, but it has the standard event handler type and not the custom event handler type.

Would someone tell me what is the thing that determines the event handler type?

Thanks in advance

Points will be rewarded quickly.

Regards

Petra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Petra,

could you post some screenshots from your EH Type customizing and the condition assigned to it?

In general the logic is if you have a BPT in your case TMS_TOR with more than 1 EH Type in /SAPTRX/TSC0TT:

- EM sorts it according to Sequence Number

- Then it goes through it ascneding

- Checks the condition

- The first EH Type where the condition is true will be taken

I think here is the problem in your case. Check the sequence numbers and the conditions.

Best regards,
Steffen

petra_just
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi Steffen,

also correct!! Thanks a lot.

Regards

Petra

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Petra,

1. I echo Vishnu comment on "Stop AO Determination" should be unchecked for standard AOT Type, because you custom AOT type will not find once standard AO determined.

2. Can you enable log of EH posting in standard and custom Event handler type "3 - Verbose - Details for Each process" and check why it is calling standard EH in SAP EM side.

3. Change standard Event handler type priority to 2 or 5 and make customer EH type priority to 1.

Check and let us know.

Regards

GGOPII

petra_just
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ggopii,

your answer was most helpful. The reason why the Standard Event handler came up was that there was no condition assigned to the Standard Event handler type and it had priority 1.

I have changed all TMS_TOR Event handler types to priority 99 and gave the custom FU Event handler prio 1 and the Fo Event handler prio 2. They both have custom conditions checking that the AOT is the one from the FU/FO type. Now, the custom Event handler type comes up. Yeah!

My learning from this is: the system goes through all Event handler types with Business process type TMS_TOR in order of priority and checks the conditions. If the Standard EHT do not have conditions assigned, and have priority 1, they will come up.

Thanks so much for your help. Your points are well deserved.

Have a great day

Petra

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Petra,

then the standard customizing was changed.

All the ODT* EH Types under BPT TMS_TOR should have a condition assigned checking for an Application Object Type.

Maybe check in client 000. If not it would be a bug in the delivery customizing.

Best regards,

Steffen

petra_just
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Steffen,

it was not a bug.

Regards

Petra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Petra,

For your config "2. create custom condition for custom AOT and assign it to the event handler type", I am sure you mean't assign custom AOT to Custom EH Type. Isn't it?

Then during FU/FO create/change, see if the flow is through you custom AOT by putting a break point. If it hits the breakpoint then you should be able to create custom Event Handlers.

So, to your question, custom AOT condition on your custom EH type should work provided right BPT is there.

Also, as Affan said, disable/remove Event Manager from standard AOT. If they have to be there, make sure your sequence is right and/or there is no check on the "Stop AO Determination" on the standard AOTs.

Otherwise, your config seems good to create custom EH type ( double check you Assign Profile to Mapping ).

Let us know if you still don't see Custom EHs.

Thanks.

Affan_alavi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Try diabling the standard AOT configurations.

Have you create a new BPT or using the existing TMS_TOR?- I think new BPT need an enhancement in standard BADI.

petra_just
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Affan,

thx for your answer. I have disabled the Standard application object types. The Event handler has the custom application object type in the Header data. Ist the Event handler type that is still Standard.

Yes, I am using the Standard Business process type. The Standard AOT are still there, but they do not have an event Manager assigned and do not have the relevance flag.

Regards

Petra

petra_just
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Affan,

yesterday, I read the EM book again and I saw that setting an AOT explicitly as inactive would lead to updating the related Event handlers with the correct data. so, your answer was actually correct.

If Event handler types and/or application object types are changed, the "old" AOTs can be explicitely de-activated and then, the system does not have tp live with inconsistencies.
I am not 100% sure because I have not tested it.