Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronous Scenario Interface- SOAP to Proxy and Proxy to SOAP

former_member309269
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a requirement for synchronous SOAP to Proxy scenario. 1st flow 3rd Party->PI->ECC, 2nd flow ECC->PI->3rd party

I have created the below objects:

> Create DT and respective MT for Request and Response.

> Create Service Interfaces with Synchronous mode with respective MT's.

> Create Two separate MM with respective Request and Response MT's.

> Create Operation Mapping and call both Request and Response Mappings in it.

> Complete the Configuration part considering Sender SOAP and Receiver XI adapter to connect to ECC.

> Configure CC with required parameters in Sender SOAP CC and Receiver XI CC.

Now, my question is for sending the message from PI to 3rd party, what kind of configuration is required. Do we need to create a SOAP receiver channel in PI to connect to 3rd party. But as you see we have already used XI adapter channel in receiver agreement to connect to ECC, so now how can we connect to 3rd party for sending the response? As I understand, there will be only 1 configuration scenario.

Thanks,

Amita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amita,

Now, my question is for sending the message from PI to 3rd party, what kind of configuration is required. Do we need to create a SOAP receiver channel in PI to connect to 3rd party. But as you see we have already used XI adapter channel in receiver agreement to connect to ECC, so now how can we connect to 3rd party for sending the response? As I understand, there will be only 1 configuration scenario.

No more additional configuration is required. The hoplist in the Soap header will take care of sending back the response to the sender.

Regards,

Mark

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member309269
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your inputs.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amita.

ESR:

1.Create Data Types.

2.Create Message Types.

3.Create O/B and I/B Service Interface with Sync Mode.

4.Create MM  for request  and response

5. Create OM(In MM once you give read operations both request and response mapping options will appear,Selecte the MM accordingly).

ID.

1.Create two Channels one Soap sender Channel with QOS "Best Effort" and other ID objects.

2.In the sender aggrement you will find the Display WSDL option.Give this to Client.

Testing:

Once the proxy code is ready with request and response,When the client tests this scenario response will go directly.No need of any additional setting.

If your struck some where let us know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you are correct and as far as I know you will have only one scenario.
that is sync scenario

Well, as per your scenario
3rd party <-> PI <-> SAP ECC

3rd party gets the response from ECC.
When the interface works correctly .

May be the following scenario can be a visual help.

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/SOAP2JDBC/Page1.htm

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You'll configure the sender soap channel and share the wsdl with your third party who'll consume the service and send the messages to PI using a URL.

Configuring the Sender SOAP Adapter - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

Just search for sample synchronous scenario using SAP PI.

You'll find lot of information on SCN.

former_member309269
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

Regarding the sender soap channel and wsdl, I am aware of that. My question is related to sending the response back from PI to 3rd party. How that will happen? I searched on SCN but not able to find the specific information.

Thanks,

Amita

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In your soap sender channel ensure that "QOS" is set to "Best Effort".

Response will be taken care by the same channel as long as the response is being returned by ECC.

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amita,

No need of SOAP receiver channel.

Actually we have an option to display WSDL in IB.

if you try  to send the data using SOAP UI with that WSDL, there you can see the response structure also.

That is PI internal mechanism with respect to Service interface.