cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing procedure Update

deepu_p2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, we have a small and simple SD process.

In our current business  maintain pricing information in SAP. When we create a sales order the pricing gets picked up from pricing procedure.

we use condition ZBS1 (Base Price) and ZBS2(Base Sur Charge % ) maintained in SAP and this is all working fine.

We have a  new EDi business coming in and we want to maintain pricing there.

We want to bring the Baseprice and surcharge from EDI  as ZBS3 and ZBS4.

Our business requrement is

Total base price is ZBS1+ZBS2  if ZBS3 and ZBS4 does not exists, If ZBS3 and ZBS4 exists then base price is ZBS3+ZBS4.

(ZBS1 and ZBS2 always exists).

I am very much aware that I can create new pricing procedure with just ZBS3 and ZBS4  and we dont want to do that.

we can overwrite the value in to ZBS1 and ZBS2 instead of having ZBS3 and ZBS4  and we dont want to do that as well.

Please let me know if you have a way to do this.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tao_sun2
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Deepu, I am not familiar with "EDI process". But if you want condition base calculated by ZSB3 and ZSB4 if they are existing instead of ZSB1 and ZSB2, you may consider condition exclusion.

First you can insert ZSB3 and ZSB4 into existing pricing procedure.(If it is your production system, please copy existing one and create a new pricing procedure.)

Then you can set ZSB1 and ZSB3 into an exclude group and set condition exclusion procedure as "D" (exclusion). The same to ZSB2 and ZSB4. Then, if ZSB3 and ZSB4 are existing in sales order, ZSB1 and ZSB2 will be excluded with inactive indicator A(condition exclusion item).

Please refer to note 836243 for more information about condition exclusion.

Best Regards, Tao

deepu_p2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

the exclusion concept worked perfectly for my requirement.

Thanks all for your Replies.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad to hear it worked out. Kindly close the discussion - see this blog.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

deepu,

You don't need exclusion functionality.

When condition type has condition class B price, then there is an "in built" exclusion.

In pricing procedure:

Step CType From

10     ZBS1

15     ZBS3

Both ZBS1 and ZBS3 are prices (condition class B) then once value for ZBS3 is given in the order, the pricing condition types above it will become inactive (yellow traffic light). So ZBS1 will become inactive, when ZBS3 value flows through EDI.

When ZBS1 is inactive then its surchage will be inactive too.

Try my suggestion, it is the simplest way forward.

TW

deepu_p2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

thank you all for the replies.

The exclusion logic worked for my requirement.

if we have multiple conditions with class type B price then the last one in the list will be taken as the price and the remaining ones will be excluded. How ever when I am doing the sum of all the different prices and discounts I have system is taking both BS1 and BS3 in to consideration.

Once I started using exclusion only BS3 was taken in to consideration.

So condition exclusion Works.

thanks for all your responses.

Discussion Closed.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just one note - it can be quite dangerous to allow EDI orders to dictate their own pricing. What if you get an order with the price of 0.01$ for something that actually costs the whole lot more?

What usually happens with the EDI orders is they fill in special EDI price condition (it's a standard one) for 'Customer desired price'. Then someone reviews the order and, if necessary, does a price adjustment. I'm not sure of your EDI order volume, but perhaps it's something to consider.

deepu_p2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We have a routine to verify the the price difference beween EDI  and SAP and if the price difference is not in the acceptable range we will block the orders

vaibhav_khannas
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Deepu

You can follow the below steps:

1. Include the Baseprice and surcharge on your existing Pricing procedure and have these conditions copied from EDI  as ZBS3 and ZBS4.

2. Add a new requirement routine on ZBS1 and ZBS2 to deactivate them (set KINAK to 'X') when ZBS3 and ZBS4 exist. KONV-KINAK = 'X' for a line item indicates condition is inactive and hence won't be considered during pricing determination.

Thanks,

Vaibhav

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

deepu,

You can achieve this business need by adding EDI condition types in the existing pricing procedure.

Step CType From

10     ZBS1

15     ZBS3

30     ZBS2     10

40     ZBS4     15

Explanation:

Price:

ZBS1 and 3 are prices, so when ZBS3 is available, 1 will become inactive.

If ZBS3 is not available, 1 will be the price.

Surcharge:

In case ZBS1 is active, the related surcharge 2 will feature. And when 3 will be active (in EDI process), its respective surchage 4 will be active.

TW

deepu_p2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi how can I achieve this with out a custom routine?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

deepu,

Your business need doesnot need any custom routine. Setup the condition types in the way I have described in my post. Test it.

It should work with standard SD.

TW