cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sapccmsr registration in a database cluster with failover

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using the following SAP application components - BW, CRM, ECC, EP, SRM, RMA and XI. These components run on an Oracle9/Solaris10 platform in a clustered environment. The databases for the SAP systems run standalone on two clustered servers with physical names hdbp1 and hdbp2. Each physical host is capable of running any of the component databases at any given time. Each database host is known by a virtual name, i.e. vbwpdb, vcrpdb, vecpdb, veppdb, vsrpdb and vxipdb for each of the components but its physical location could be on either of the two hosts hdbp1 or hdbp2.

From the monitoring perspective, I would like to ensure that if one of the virtual database hosts fails over from one physical host to the other, that the registered sapccmsr is still reachable from the CEN via the virtual host. I have successfully registered sapccmsr from hdbp1 using one of the virtual host names, e.g. vbwpdb (via SAPLOCALHOST=vbwpdb in sapccmsr.pfl). When this registration takes place, an RFC destination is created with name sapccmsr.vbwpdb.99 referencing the registered program vbwpdb.sapccmsr.99. As I can only register one sapccmsr from host hdbp1, if vbwpdb fails over to hdbp2, the database monitoring data is unavailable for the other virtual database hosts.

Does anyone have any ideas or have a similar set-up with virtualised database hosts residing on clustered physical hosts ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sascha_tubbesing
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you already look up <a href="https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/536954">https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/536954</a>?

Regards,

Sascha

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Go to services.msc and check whether the sapccmsr service is running or not.

2.In the Backend system,go to Remote agents,and check whether the sapccmsr Agent registered is showing <b>online</b> or not.If someother agent by the same name is registered before,it clashes and doesn't connect.

3.Check whethet the Backend system,which u r connecting to is running or not.

4.could be RFC connection error.

reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the excellent response. I did try that after my initial attempt failed but the -j2ee option requires connection to a system with a 640 ABAP stack. Unfortunately, my CEN and some of my monitored systems are still at 620. We are planning to upgrade our CEN to NW2004s (which currently sits on Solman 3.2) but I'm at a loss what to do about monitoring the virtual database hosts of the 620 systems.

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sascha,

I've tried the suggestions in note 536954. It works to a point but the problem I'm faced with is that you can only have one sapccmsr (without the -j2ee option) per host. We have multiple virtual hosts (one for each database) on one physical host. So, if I register sapccmsr for database host vbwpdb, it works. When I then try to register the next database host, say vcrpdb, the sapccmsr for the first database host is stopped.

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Garry,

you are are close to the solution:

> the problem I'm faced with is that you

> can only have one sapccmsr (without the -j2ee option)

> per host.

This correct. One sapccmsr without -j2ee option. This means: several sapccmsr <b>with</b> -j2ee option

Indeed it is possible to register and run sapccmsr with -j2ee option although there is no J2EE stack available! Simply build a profile that contains at least:

<b>SAPSYSTEMNAME=</b><i><SID of the system the sapccmsr is assigned to></i>

<b>SAPLOCALHOST=</b><i><virtual hostname></i>

<b>SAPSYSTEM=</b><i><instance number></i>

should not be similar to any existing instance; if not set, instance number 00 will be used.

It is also a good idea to restrict the used memory for the agent using the parameter

a<b>lert/MONI_SEGM_SIZE=</b>10000000

(in this case to 10 MB. sapccmsr only monitoring the operating system doesn't need that much memory)

Now you can register the agent as usual:

sapccmsr -R -j2ee pf=<complete path to profile>

Start, stop, requesting status as usual, but always use the -j2ee option and the profile.

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sascha,

Thanks for the reply. I had considered it but initially dismissed it because it seemed to be Windows related. As you've also suggested the note, I'll take another look and see if the solution will work for my scenario.

Gary