cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon screen required for all the time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have created an ITS service for SAP standard transaction code BNK_APP. But as per our customer's requirement, he wanted to get the logon screen popup all the time he tries to access the service. Even after every refresh of the page. But now I get the popup displayed for the first time I login and later on I don't get it displayed

Please find the below list of service parameters I have tried. I guess cookies has to be disabled, so I passed ~cookies 0. But still no luck.

And under Logon Data, I have mentioned procedure as "Alternative Logon Procedure"  --> And used below list of procedures

Basic Authentication

SAP Authentication

Service Authentication

Any suggestions in getting it resolved?

Regards,

Sabarinathan C

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sabarinathan Chandrasekar,

When you say 'all the time', what does it mean exactly? Does the user want the login credentials to be asked on every button press on the screen?

You can do the following:

1. Under 'Logon Data' -> Reauthentication -> set 'Deactivated system-wide' to YES.

2. Also make sure your logoff is happening correctly: Under 'Error Pages' -> Logoff Page -> make sure the 'Redirect to URL' is pointed to a legit logoff service like - '/sap/public/bc/icf/logoff' which makes sure you have deleted your cookies.

Also, in your snapshot, i think you have missed the tilde (~) sign before 'cookies'.

Another thing you can do is on the browser side, in its settings, you can choose to not store cookies.

Let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Utkarsha,

Thanks for your inputs. Actually I meant all the time the user provide the URL or even when the service is refreshed, it should popup logon screen.

I was not able to find Yes/No options for Deactivated system-wide but I have maintained "YES" for Deactivate for service.

And I was not able to find a node 'icf' under '/sap/public/bc'. I was also not able to create legit logoff service(pointing tcode /nex if am not wrong) under the specified path.

And tilde(~) symbol before cookies was mentioned earlier even then it was not working. So I just removed it for testing purpose.

Any other possible ideas.

Regards,

Sabarinathan C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Before we check anything else, please let me know if the base service - /default_host/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui is working properly or not.

Just go into the internet service 'webgui' in sicf, right click on it and click on 'Test service'. Please check if you can login and off properly. As per my experience, the 'icf' service (Internet Communication Framework) should be present for successfully logging on and off.

If this is working fine, we can investigate further. Let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Utkarsha,

The Webgui service prompts me logon details and I was able to get through the service. And when I logoff I get a message saying "Logged Off Successfully" but if I refresh the screen, I could access SAP Easy Access screen without even prompting for Users credentials.

I have also gone through the SAP Note "1039335"  but no clue on it as well.

Thanks ,

Sabarinathan C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay. Thought so. That means your logoff internet service is not configured properly: '/sap/public/bc/icf/logoff' . This service provided by the internet communication framework is required to be called on every logoff so that it explicitly deletes the user cookies and session during logoff.

You will be required to do the following:

Step 1: The logoff service should be present in the path as highlighted below (Your infra team can help you with creating it):

Step 2: Note 1777513 - " WebGUI logoff does not work " as the service 'logoff' in SICF is 'inactive' and therefore, implement this note. It should be activated as:

Step 3: Implement note 1532874 - Which requires system bounce. It involves setting the profile parameter icf/user_recheck to 1 so that the re-authentication is active for all services This note is necessary to change the value of Re-authentication -> Deactivated..... to 'No' for BOTH the Z services as shown below:

To be re-routed to the logon screen you should add this string to the field "Redirect to URL"

/sap/public/bc/icf/logoff?redirecturl=/zyour_service.

Also refer the thread:

Once the logoff issue is resolved, it would be easier for you to work on your specific requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your efforts in helping me out.

May be I will ask our BASIS team to look after this required ICM changes and update this thread by monday.

Thanks once again Utkarsha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings Utkarsha,

I tried out your suggestion, SAP has given us a document in creating a new logoff service.

But still no luck in our issue, Anyway we have raised it to SAP again. Waiting for their reply. Thanks alot for your help. I know we were quite closer to the solution. Thanks again!

regards,

Sabarinathan C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings Chandrasekhar,

I am sure the logoff service needs to be a standard service by SAP that uses the standard handler class CL_HTTP_EXT_LOGOFF which explicitly deletes the cookies while logoff (which is the standard function of logoff). Just wanted to make you aware of that.

Please let me know how you plan to delete user cookies if you create a custom logoff service.

Thank you.

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Sabarinathan,

You should not use ~webgui AND ~itsmobile in the same service. Both are mutually exclusive.

You need to decide whether your application should be executed in a handheld device (ITSmobile application) or in a regular web browser (WEBGUI-based).

As Utkarsha mentioned, you should use the redirect mechanism to force the logoff, deleting then the session token.

Regards,

Cris

Answers (0)