cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDGM Rule-Based WF parallel EDITING in CREATE bus.activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, MDG experts!

As from MDG7 we have an ability to maintain parallel processing of CR with CHANGE business activity (making changes on existing objects) according to entity type.

I wonder if there is an ability to maintain parallel editing within one change request while CREATING process?

The governance process is:

initiator - experts - supervisor - activation.

The experts step can contain more than one man/role. Each expert have to fill specific attributes (e.g. purchasing attributes - purchasing expert, accounting attributes - financial expert and so on). With BRF+ i can make this tasks parallel using and after that merge the result with BADI.

The problem is that if one expert making changes, other experts dont have an access to CR because of system blocking.

Can we somehow make this kind of editing really parallel, move blocking to entity type level for example?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In "change" mode, you have some information on the record that can help you direct the parallel approval. How do you envision this is happening in a "create" mode?

You can always build your own custom workflow to do so if you like.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Material Master in SAP ERP have several functional views (purchasing, sales view, accounting and so on). What i want is to push the change request (when CREATING new material master) to the group of experts. Each expert is really an expert in some functional area (purchasing, sales, accounting ...) and is responsible not only to push "approve" button, but also for maintaining the relevent fields (e.g. purchasing group, vauation class ...). In this scenario intiator only maintaining basic data (UOM, names, material type...).

I want these experts to make the job in parallel tasks without system blocking of CR, independently. I wonder if it is possible with MDG 7 or not.

What i have now is parallel tasks but with block. So when one expert is making changes, others have to wait because of entire CR blocking. Can we somehow apply here the entity-type blocking logic as in CHANGE bus.activity?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This seems to be the very basic concept of record locking. When someone is editing a record, others are blocked from editing it at the same time. This applies to all sorts of transactions. So, why would you expect MDG to behave differently? The main reason for that is the record will be missed up if multiple people are editing it at the same time.

I see your point that these could be different views so technically they could be different entities and therefore different tables. However, I don't think MDG handles that yet in "CREATE" mode.

Then, if you think about it, for all practical purposes; users will not typically be sitting there just waiting for this new CR to pop-up in their inbox to enter their data. If a user tried to edit a record and got the "record locked" message, they will do something else and try it again later. Again, users should be familiar with this behavior in most business applications. While I see it could be useful, I'm not sure it will add a lot of value compared to the effort you would spend to actually implement the exact behavior you are describing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abdullah,

The reason i ask is that i really think it would be helpful feature and a big step forward. Maybe its some national specifics, but we often have hundreds of material master records getting created per day during the bidding campaign. So that kind of independent parallel field maintenance would be very helpful.

I see this is really in contradiction with SAP object blocking logic, so maybe in future realeses

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any guru ideas please?