cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

got stuck when running preview on SAP Web IDE for first Fiori App

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not able to get the application preview function working in SAP Web IDE.

I have logged on to my HCP trial account (no problems) and from here I have clicked the URL for the SAP Web IDE listed under "subscriptions". The SAP Web IDE opens fine, and I go to my first Fiori App, and try to run the index.html with mockdata using the menu. I then get a screen stating "loading", and then the logon screen for SAP HANA Cloud pops up (again?!). In the background I can see the menu for the preview ("large", "medium", "small". etc.), but I am not able to logon to the SAP HANA Cloud, even when I use the user and password that allowed me to logon to HCP in the first place?! please advice what to do.

BR Erling Steenholdt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erling,

Can you please delete the file .user.project.json from the project and try again to run without frame?

Best regards,

Elina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elina

Tried to delete the fil .user.project.json from the the project and run again without frame as you wrote, but I'm still not seeing the result of the run the Fiori app. The screen blinks (and for a very short time a new tab is opened in crome stating "reading") and then I'm back to the screen of the run configuration.

BR Erling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erling,

Can you please send the console output of the chrome?

Open it before you click on run and try to re-run the app again.

Best regadrs,

Elina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elina

This is what the consol showes after I pressed "Run now":

But I guess more interesting would be to see the 12 errors it is indicating:

I hope this helps to locate the error(s).

BR Erling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erling,

It looks OK.

Did you change something in the .project.json file? Can you please check that there are no errors in this file?

if there are errors, please fix them (if it is json structure violation).

if it doesn't help, please add to the web ide url "?sap-ide-debug=true" and send again the console output. There should me more message in the console with this flag.

Best regadrs,

Elina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We're seeing the same issue.  We expected to be able to run the project "as is" from it's initial creation from the wizard before any changes. 

Thanks,

Joe

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Moving thread to proper space:

0 Kudos

Hello Erling,

Can you please try to run your application without preview and see if the described issue is also happens. For this, right click on the project, go to Run Configuration, create new fiori configuration but uncheck "Open With Frame" option. Run the created configuration. Let me know if it helped.

Thanks,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex

Tried your tip, and it's different now, but not better.

When I run the "run configuration" without the option "open with frame" marked, the screens "blinks" and I'm back to the screen where I can change the settings of the "run configuration". So I'm not seen any results from the Fiori App that I'm trying to run..

BR Erling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erling,

Is there any error in the Run configuration settings screen? Is there any field marked in red?

BR,

Elina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elina

No - no fields are marked in red in the run configuration screen, or any other errors displayed in any way.

BR Erling