cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Install R/3 and CRM on the same Server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to install R/3 and CRM on the same server (as the load is less). I know how to install them seperately.

I would like to have some instructions how to have them installed on the same server.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pr_srinivas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Sashcha ..Regrets

Sorry for misunderstanding the senteses !!

Cheers

PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

pls tell me when how to login to two different systems on same host

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The 2 systems on the same host will have differnent SIDs and System Numbers which you would have provided during the Installation. You can find out the SIDs and System Number from the SAP MMC also.

To login to the systems, goto Start -> Run and give

sapgui <hostname> <system number>

where <hostname> will be same but the <system number> would be different.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Srikishan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pr_srinivas
Contributor
0 Kudos

As Sunil explained - MCOD (or) you can think to have 2 differnt DB SID's as weel 2 different SAP SID's. By default 1st Installation takes Listener Name as LISTENER & port 1527 when you are doing second Oracle installation use another lister name as LISTENER002 & give port 1526 ( for example).

MCOD will be the best option to unplug from oracle instalation requirement but - think of future plans. even it can be any size business don't think to do MCOD with SAP Business System like R3 .

Becuase qwe may have different requirements from the Business / functionla Team for refreshing / building the development system with a copy of production system - don;t get confused there are Techniques for Refreshing a Development Instance with production system also.

Any how you have to take decission to go with MCOD (or) not . I also request SUNIL to comment on MCOD installations with R3 system .

But I beleive Sascha Version is wrong - i can have multiple application servers of differnet products on single Box if my OS supports.

as application servers will have 3 individual mount point which points to different system

<Central Instance>:/sapmnt/<SID>/global

<Central Instance>:/sapmnt/<SID>/prfoile

<Central Instance>:/sapmnt/<SID>/exe

each SID NFS mount point can point to different sever & i can multiple application server of differnt SAP Products on 1 BOX.

Trans directory is problem - but it does not require either for installation (or) for runningAS instance .

sascha_tubbesing
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did not say you cannot have multiple application servers from different products on a single box. Which of course is possible.

I said you cannot have different systems (products) on the same application server.

To get it structured:

We have 1 host named box001. On box001 we install one CRM system and one ECC system. CRM has two application servers box001_CRM_00 and box001_CRM01. ECC has two application servers box001_ECC_10 and box001_ECC_11.

On box001_ECC_xx you can NOT let run any CRM application and on box001_CRM_xx you can NOT let run any ECC application.

But of course on the host box001 now we have CRM and ECC installed.

In addition you can decide to install the two Database installations CRM(DB) and ECC(DB) on box001.

Or you can use MCOD to install both SAP system in one Database e.g. both system to ECC(DB).

On service.sap.com/instguides you should have a look at the master guides and technical infrastructure guides.

Regards,

Sascha

Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can do this there is no problem, you can start installation as different SID as normal installation. But you have to configure your trans directory seprately becuase you are installing different products of SAP but there is no problem even using same trans.

even you can use MCOD option.

Cheers,

-Sunil

sascha_tubbesing
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

please be aware of the multiple meanings of <i>server</i>.

If you use server like "host", than of course Sunil is right.

But if you think of <i>server</i> as "Application Server" or "Instance" of an SAP system, it is not possible to install R/3 (or ECC) and CRM on the same application server.

Just took make that clear in case it was not, because this is often confused by people...

Have fun!

Sascha