cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load BW Text data to BPC Dimension Properties

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

In my current project requirement we are trying to load text description from BW infoobject to BPC dimension properties but I thing properties only can support loading attributes, not text in BPC dimension properties.Currently we are loading both text and attributes in BW from ECC. We are using standard info object in BW is 0HRPOSITION for loading the both text and attributes from ECC.This standard infoobject also use as an attributes in other infoobject .My question is that is there any way can load only text from 0HRPOSITION infoobject to BPC dimension properties by using standard DM package and transformation file. 

Regards

Khokan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gajendra_moond
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Khokan

If you do not wish to implement Start/End Routine BADI, here is one more way that you can try but it totally depends on the kind of data you have.

I believe that 0HRPOSITION is a kind of master data that might not change quite often. If it is true, then you can maintain a conversion file where External column will be filled with ID and Internal with the description.

You can map ID in the transformation and call this conversion for your attribute so that only text gets loaded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajen and Andy

Thanks for your reply I just tested it by mapping id in the transformation and conversion and it works fine.Now I have one question, in future if there is some new join or employee position changes then how it map in BPC? is there any automatic process or manually mapping  in BPC?

Khokan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khokan,

The automated way is by using BADI or add that as a attribute in the info object.

If you do Gajendra's way it will be manually maintained.

Andy

gajendra_moond
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Khokan

If you are going to use this approach, you will have to update conversion file manually for future changes. The basic premise is that this master data is not going to change much-maybe once a year. But if you suspect that the changes are going to be frequent, it is better to use BADI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajen and Andy,

There is no need to create another text infoobject in BW.We pull the data through conversion file and it's working fine.

Thanks Gajen and Andy.

Khokan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khokan,

You need start/end routine in your transformation file to load text into a property.

You need someone knows ABAP to help you with that BADI.

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Is it possible without implement BADI loading text to dimension property and another question is there a possibility to convert bw text in to an attribute.I don't want to implement BADI.

Thanks

Khokan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khokan,

Alternative would be create an attribute for that infoobject in BW with description as its value, so you either do it in BW or during loading.

or upload it via text file, and map the property of the dimension to the description column.

Andy