cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data to retrieve. Query 1 (Webi ERROR)

Former Member

Hi gurus,

I need urgent help with this (and I hope you can help me)  I’m trying to build a Webi Report based on Bex Query. I created an OLAP Connection using the Information Design Tool. Also my Bex Query has checked the OLAP option.

When I build the Webi Report, I can select the Bex Query ratios and dimensions in order to put it into the result panel, however, when I run the query (in Webi) the error comes up and it says:

No data to retrieve. Query 1.

This is weird because, when I execute the Bex Query vía RSRT I get the results fine. But, when I build the Webi Report I don't get the results and the error says "No data to retrieve. Query 1" even when I have data for this Bex Query.

PLEASE HELP!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please execute the BO report and check if that triggers any process in BW or not .

this will tell us if the report is actually hitting the  BW server or not.

Regards,
Vinay Raja B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, after all the recommendations. I'm still getting the error with every single Bex Query.

Any new ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Checks at the CMC: In the "OLAP Conecctions" tab, select the "User Security" for the "Connections" folder and make sure the user or group that you are using to do this is assigned. In the "Applications" tab for: "BEx Web Appications" and "Web Intelligence", do the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel

How were you able to resolve this issue?

Regards

Pat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pat,

Right now we are still working on this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

On the one hand, Open the Query in BEx Query Designer, and select in the Query Properties: Allow External Access to this Query By OLE DB for OLAP.

On the other hand, make sure that the comunication between BW Server and BusinessObjects Server is bi-directional (make a ping test on the SERVER and the CLIENT MACHINE), and turn off the Windows firewall, and ensure there are no third party software firewalls on the client machine. Add the host name and the external IP Address for the Server to the 'hosts' file on the SERVER and the CLIENT MACHINE (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc)

I hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Yes, the OLE DB for OLAP option has been checked from the beginning. Otherwise it would not be possible to select the Query in Webi.

About the firewall, all the firewalls in our company has been disabled (as far as I know)

Right now I'm looking for the host file configuration between both servers as you mentioned. I'll let you know.

Thanks for your collaboration!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure your report is pointing to correct Bex query. I mean you are checking data in one region and your report is pointing to different region.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

Well I'm not using any filters so the query should return all the data it has in BW. The weird thing is, it is working fine in BW environment, but it isn't working in the BO environment (Webi)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you using SSO in BICS connection or using static user credentials?

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I'm using a static user credentials (and that user has SAP_ALL, SAP_NEW in BW) Do you think I must check anything else there?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

by any chance you´re entering wrong values in the filters at uqery level ? Leading or trailing space ?

Regards,

Rogerio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rogerio,

No. In fact, this is a very basic Query. There is no use of filters o anything like that. Thanks for your response, I'm still looking for a workaround

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

just drag company code and see if results are coming or not..

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit, I did. nothing happened. I don't know what is going on with this

Again, thanks a lot for your responses!

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

is it happening with one query only or with all?

try with some different query..

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks again Amit.

Yes it is happening with all queries I have in BW :s

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it anything with language ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think so. I have changed the language to Spanish (the same it is used in Bex Analyzer) but the problem still there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It might be possible that you are part of some group which has no access to data. I mean there would be some row level restrictions applied to your ID.

You can check it by checking the query generated by WEBI. there might some where clause applied to query because of which you are not getting the result.

Thanks,

Swapnil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

Thanks for your response. Actually I'm testing the report with an Administrator user. And my Webi es really basic, I have not defined any clauses or anything like that.

Do you think it might be something else? Thanks in advance!

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure the BW user is same in the OLAP connection and when you are running the query in RSRT. Also, check if the BW server is same in both cases.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit

Thanks for your response. Yes, the BW user is the same (I changed it in order to make the test as you mentioned). Also the BW server is the same in both cases.

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you somehow limiting the query execution time ?

Can you test the query running in BEx Analyzer with exactly the objects as in the report ? Use the same BW user. Do you see any data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I don´t think so. I mean, all the parameters of Web Intelligence Processing Server are the standard ones (I have not changed anything there, so I assume there is no limit to the execution time)

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try to run in the query in BEx Analyzer ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit, Yes. In fact it is working fine when we run it in Bex Analizer. Any ideas?

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you check with exactly the two objects as in the webi query ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is how it looks in Bex Analyzer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, actually these two objects are the only objects in the Bex Query, so these are the same I used in Webi.

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the OLAP connection, can you save the language with the same you are using in BEx Analyzer and then run the report and check ?

former_member541575
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the compatible browser to run webi report.

test the report in another environment.

also check if you have placed any filter/input controls at webi .

Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Well, I don´t have any filters or input controls on my webi, neither I have any controls at Bex query, It is a basic Bex Query with 0companycode and 0netvalue.

Also I'm executing my webi on Google Chrome. (I always work with it)

I don't know what else to look at

Thanks for your response!