cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of Inspection Plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I need to delete task list (Inspection Plan) for a material. This material has only one unprocessed inspection lot (I have checked thoroughly) which however is cancelled (status - LTCA):

I have also checked table QALS for this material to make sure that there is no inspection lot w/o UD:

According to me this should not cause any problem while deleting the inspection plan of this material. However when I try to delete the task list completely using t-code CA98, I get this error  ("Task list is still used in the inspection lots"):

Any input on this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Deep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe that once you have actually used the inspection plan in an inspection lot, even though you made a UD, you cannot delete the inspection plan until after you have archived off all inspection lots that used that plan.  Only then should you delete the plan.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your input. I think you are right. I tried with another inspection plan which has only one inspection lot which had passed (process completed). The same error I get when I try to delete it through CA98.

I will try this with other materials and see if the results are consistent.

Thanks

poovancheerirajendra
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

It is possible to delete Inspection Plan even after it is used. I am able to do it with CA98 as well as QP02. I don't know whether it has any impact on MIC of Long-Term Inspection, Incomplete / Complete copy model / Reference chara.

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

with QP02 you cannot delete inspection plans at all (at least not within the standard). You can only mark a plan for deletion.

Regards

MH

poovancheerirajendra
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin

QP02 is Standard transaction. With CA98 also it is same effect which will keep mark a plan for deletion.

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry. You are not right on this.

You said that it is possible to delete inspection plans even after usage, and that you can do it with QP02. You also said that QP02 and CA98 have the same effect. This is not correct.

If you would have read this thread carefully you would have noticed that there is a difference between marking a plan for deletion (which is possible with QP02) and deleting the plan (which is NOT possible with QP02, but with CA98 or QSR6 (both call RQPREDE2), and then only under certain cirumstances).

Regards

MH

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I gotta go with Martin on this one...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig, Martin - you guys are right. I have tested all possible combination. You cannot delete IP using CA98 if there is an inspection lot (even if it is processed with a UD).

You can delete only if there is no inspection associated with it.

Thanks all for your inputs and highly appreciate this knowledge sharing.

Closing the thread.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I also agree with above 2 replies. Requirement is to delete the inspection plan or to use another inspection plan in to existing inspection lots? You can reset it by QAC3 and can assigne revised plan again. What idea you have for the existing lots if you are able to delete the plan. If there are any modifications in to existing plan you can go with change inspection plan instead of deleting it. There are several ways to restrict its usage without even deleting. The one is mentioned above. Another is you can simply remove the material assigned to it from material assignment.

I doubt you should be able to delete the plan wholly as it does not depends on whether the UD is given or not rather it depends on if it has been used/assigned in any lot!

Anand

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Snigdho,

Form the 1st screenshot it's not clear what was the inspection plan assigned. I think cancelled lot with 'LTCA' system status should not necessarily impact deleting your insp plan, unless there is no stock level harmony between MM & QM stocks. Please can you double check this point. .

Please can you also check the Task List "Q", Group 00000167 with GrC 01 as suggested in the error message popup, if any materials are assigned to it (Table - MAPL), or inspection lots are assigned where RR/UD is still pending.

Thanks,

Arijit

Message was edited by: Arijit Banerjee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

Good points. I have checked the following:

- There is no quality stock of this material in the system

- No other material is assigned to this inspection plan

- I have checked QALS table - no inspection lot is there without a usage decision

I understand we can put a deletion flag and move on. But don't you guys feel this is not right?

Thanks

Deep

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

You were asking for deletion of plans, hence you got some answers on it...

Generally speaking: if you put the deletion flag on it (and maybe a status that prevents usage) this is totally sufficient. You then can later on still archive the plan if required.

Regards

MH

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

It should generally be avoided to delete anything within SAP, even if it is possible.

If you would have checked the SAP Help entry of this program, it clearly states: "Use this type of deletion process solely for data that was created for test purposes".

Try using the deletion indicator (as mentioned already) or alternatively set up a status like "withdrawn" or "to be archived" which has a deactivated release indicator. Later on you might be using the standard archiving routines to move that elements into the archive.

Regards

MH

poovancheerirajendra
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Alternatively you can use deletion flag at QP02  Inspection Plan Header data