cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy control requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All, We have a buyer change sales document with reference return billing,We have maintained M(With ref billing document) in the document reference mandatory field,Now our business team is  asking the same document with reference to return order also.I have maintained copy control with reference to order  and maintained reference mandatory field blank in the sales document,When they want to create the buyer change order they will select create with reference button, entering required document no,But our business team requirement  is make reference mandatory at the time of  change of buyer order ,It should only with create with reference of return order & billing, Please advice how to active this one.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

As you  know, in field reference mandatory we can have only one value, either bill or order. (M or C etc.) Without copy control, a document cannot be used as reference to create a return order. Maintain the necessary copy control (with document type and item category levels) for the processes business requires.

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear TW , Thank you for your reply,I have maintained copy control as per the business requirement,But in the sales document type reference mandatory field has only one option ,But our business requirement is to create the sales document either reference to order or billing depends on the business,and reference is mandatory.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

please explain both cases with examples.

My point is that with copy control, RE order can only be created either with reference to particular order type or particular billing type. So please explain what business needs.

In order type, field reference mandatory can have only one value (as commented before)

TW

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you have done the necessary copy control for the return order and in VOV8 do not make the reference mandatory as it will support only one document either Order or Billing in your case.

Keep it blank and discuss with your ABAP ér to check for screen exit for VA01 transaction to make reference as mandatory.

Regards,

SRK

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After reading your post, I am not clear what exactly your requirement is.  What do you mean by return billing?  Can you rephrase your text?

G. Lakshmipathi