cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound delivery - why relevant for putaway?

0 Kudos

When I create an inbound delivery for a plant that is not WM-enabled, the inbound delivery lines are still showing as relevant for putaway. What is driving this undesired behavior?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Ok, it looks like I need to be more specific in my question.

Based on the above advice, I now have two inbound delivery item categories. ELN, which is relevant for putaway, and ZELN, which is not relevant for putaway.

Is there configuration whereby I can tell the system to use ELN for IBD's created for the WM plant and use ZELN for IBD's created for the non-WM plant.

former_member233510
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In standard item category determination in delivery based on the item group of the material and sales document type not based on the plant. So,You need to use BADI for determining the item category in delivery based on your plants. LE_SHP_DELIVERY_PROC is the one of the BADI interface uses for delivery and try the same.  For details, please refer the following link,

https://www.consolut.com/en/s/sap-ides-access/d/s/doc/YH-IF_EX_LE_SHP_DELIVERY_PROC

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Please create 2 Item category.One with relevent for Putaway for WM and another without.do the relevent configuration and then your issue will be resolve.

Regards

Vivek Patil.

0 Kudos

Can you default item category by plant?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

You can define default item category by plant and Material Type in configuration.

SPRO->Plant Maintenance and Customer Service->Maintenance and Service Processing->Maintenance and Service Orders->General Data->Define Default Values for Component Item Categories

Regards

Vivek Patil.

0 Kudos

Vivek, that doesn't seem to be related to my question, but thanks for the information.

former_member233510
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the line item in inbound delivery is not relevant for picking/putaway then you may disable by using the following function,

Spro --> Logistics Execution --> Shipping --> Deliveries --> Define Item categories for Deliveries --> Select your item category and deselect the indicator "Relev. for putaway" under Warehouse control and packing.

0 Kudos

What will that do to our other plant that is WM , where we want inbound deliveries relevant for putaway?

former_member233510
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then you may configure new item category with relevant for putaway.