cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing the BW Reports in Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to this area. so can any body suggest me how to acheive this.

I have some idea about the VC, like i have done some reports displaying in port using RFC. But now i have requiremnt to display the BW reports in portal.

My questions is

1) For displaying the BW reports can i choose the VC or sth else. Becaue in the following the document it is explaing the difference between VC and BEx.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/619f878a-0c01-0010-51b6-cb3f2261...

we have two BW servers

BW3.5 -

1) Bex Reports (Excel)

2) Web Based Reports

BW7.0

1) Bex Reports (Excel)

2) Web Based Reports

My requirement is showing the reports in webbased as well as BEx reports in disply in Excel ,

1) showing some reports in webbased itself.

2)

like when i provide the link in portal to display the BEx Reports it should open the excel in the Internet explorer itself, instead of giving the popup like giving options when i click on the link

open

save

close.

It should automatically open the report in the excel with in the Browser itself. ? how to achieve this?

3)

The other requirement is like. showing the work book excel report . If the Report coming from the BW server will not have the heading , so we need to add the headings to the report before display to the user in portal.

4) To achieve this can i gohead with the VC to implement or should i use sth else.

Regards

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

you can add hyperlinks to your webreports and so on, but another question is why do you want to use VC for this? Do you need any special function of Visual Composer for this?

Anyway, I think about a project in the past. I combine the best of VC and BEx in a great web application. I will write a blog next time, if I have the time for doing it.

In this project I used BEx for the complex graphics and I used VC for the easy navigation and handling. And the best you can add data from your R/3 system to your reports so you have alle you need of both applications. The difficult is the communication between BEx and VC but there are some documents available on SDN about these scenarios.

Hope that helps,

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel

Thanks for the quick reply.

I hope , i might have confused you.

I am relly new to the concept of showing or integrating the BW reports in Portal.

can u please help me how to acheive this.i am not sure about that, like we achieve this without the VC also. When i searching for the help i have seen the document which i have sent the u link.

To achieve the following functionality , i am requesting you to help me, what is the better solution , which is better procedure, where i will get the documentaion to start working on that.

1) showing some reports in webbased itself.

2) Like when i provide the link in portal to display the BEx Reports it should open the excel in the Internet explorer itself, instead of giving the popup ,with options when i click on the link

open

save

close.

It should automatically open the report in the excel with in the Browser itself. ? how to achieve this?

3)

The other requirement is like. showing the work book excel report . If the Report coming from the BW server will not have the heading , so we need to add the headings to the report before display to the user in portal.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

1) Therefore you can use the standard BEx iViews, e.g. you can build an application with the BEx Web Application Designer for navigating, planning etc. This template you can use for an iView. (There are several documents available in the SDN, help.sap.com)

2) You need an URL for this or you can save your query as a excel workbook, this query should also be available as an URL.. But when you use a browser why don't you use the BEx Webanalyzer?

3) Use the Web Application Designer and/or VC for the header and the result of your query below the header. You can realize the header with VC and/or WAD.

In most cases you need the URL you can integrate the data via URL.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel ,

Thanks for the quick reply,

Can u tell me how to configure this BEx web application designer.

What i need to istall for this, where i will get the installable?

I have searched in the sdn , i havent found any doc , how to start this tool, what is the configuration required behind this tool.

what are prerequisites for this tool?

If u have any urls related to this, can please forward me.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcle,

I have forgotten to mention one point about my portal version. I have seen one of the article.

From the 2004s version, sap brings with BEx Report Designer , aswell as improvements to existing tools such as the BEx web application Designer.

Actually my current portal version is

SAPNW2004s = EP 7.0

Visual composer 7.0

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

For your BEx related questions, I'd recommend to post in one of the BI forums. We can help you here with VC issues.

As your question is really BI related only, please ask there. They have tons of materials and links. You might also want to check out their area page and the their FAQ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

as Mario mentioned this is part of the SAP BI. But you can download the BEx tools from the service marketplace (it's like an addon of the SAPGUI).

I also recommend you that you inform you about the SAP BI and the BI tools such as the Business Explorer Tools and then decide how you will solve your reporting requirements.

If you have further questions ask in the BI forum.

Best Regards,

Marcel