cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimal Lot Sizing using SP, WI, DY, GR in 4.6C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my project there is need to use one of the Optimal Lot Sizing procedures. E.g. SP, WI, GR, DY. I wanted to understand the calculation formula behind each of the procedure. The business requirement is to balance the transportation cost as against the inventory carrying cost. Can anyone share what all material master setting are required? Can you share screenshots of the MRP results and explain the calculations?

Thanks,

Mayur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Mayur

For such basic questions, you should first research on SAP Help. On the following link you will find details about the calculation behind optimum lot-sizing procedures:

Optimum Lot-Sizing Procedures - Material Requirements Planning (PP-MRP) - SAP Library

I suggest you to take a look on the following document, which lists places where you can research before opening a new thread:

BR
Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Caetano,

You will not find many posts from me requesting for solutions/explanation as I know all the SAP forums and SAP help documents carry very rich content and addresses most the issues/concerns.

For sure I have gone through the SAP library page that you have shared. It is just that I am not finding any supporting data snipes(images) on that page. I do not know, whether it is my browser or what but I am not seeing an image which can explain the statement "The most appropriate lot size is 2000 pieces because if further requirements were added to this lot, total storage costs would be larger than the lot size independent costs."

I am definitely missing something.

BR,

Mayur

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mayur,

There are certain screen shots in help library which are not visible in any of browsers (I have tried myself in IE & Chrome) not sure why. But what you can do is copy the content of that page o word document and it will should be visible (at least this is what I do). See example below:

Cross the check the link already provided and I hope this will resolve your issue. If yes follow else raise your concern.

Regards

Rahul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for your TIP. It really helped. I am able to understand the results now.

Thanks,

Mayur