Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to read french characters using SOAP Sender Channel

former_member440061
Participant
0 Kudos

hello Experts,

We are working on a scenario where we are using a SOAP sender channel (PI 7.31) with HTTP transport protocol and message protocol as SOAP 1.1. The sender web service is sending Sales Invoice information to PI which further deliveres it to ECC after mapping transformation.

The issue is the we are receiving data with some french Characters in the payload which is apparently failing in PI with the following error :

Transmitting the message to endpoint {2} using connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.aii.adapter.xi.routing.RoutingException: Error while executing receiver determination mapping

There is no condition we are using in Receiver Determination. Also we are getting some characters like : "TEST � AND � AND �"

Probably PI ius not able to read the French characters being sent from Sender web service.

We tried the following :

1. Using Module: AF_Modules/XMLAnonymizerBean in channel. please refer screenshot for details.

2. Using xmlen c=iso-8859-1 in the end point url in the form :

http://host:port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=p:s:c&xmlen c=iso-8859-1

but we are still getting the same error.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member440061
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Looks like the issue isn't related to the French characters at all.

I tried sending the data from SOAP UI client to PI. Although the message doesn't open up normally from the "Main Document" option, it is still visible when you do a View source. Also, this time the message was successful and the when checked the After mapping payload, the french characters were present intact.

looks like the issue is with data.

We have asked the fucntional team to provide and run some more test data. will keep you updated.

Thanks for help.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The character that you see is he ANSI representation of the unicode character � (hex EF BF BD) I assume that you receive an invalide SOAP message with characters which are not UTF-8. Did you test the webservice with a test tool?

former_member440061
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your reponses.

Stefan,

I tried testing the web service using SOAPUI tool. But while trying to import the wsdl during project creation, I am getting the following error :

Error: element 'rebillInvoices@urn:RebillInvoice-schema' not found.

I tried looking for the element rebillInvoice in the wsdl code, but couldn't find any.

I am not able to figure out if I am doing anything wrong here. It has always worked this way earlier. Atleast i was able to i was able to import the wsdl in SOAP UI and create a project.

please advise.

-Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

is it looking for a data type in another dependant file

asdasd_asdasd
Active Participant
0 Kudos

share the wsdl

asdasd_asdasd
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Use SOAPUI to test the WebService, I think the problem is not the characters in French, the problem is in the encoding that the client is using to call the WebService ( must be UTF-8 !).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Try out options from below thread:

Regards,

Pranav

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos