cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express - BTA file - report RPR_AMEX_BTA_TO_FI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP experts,

I am working on the integration of our BTA file into our SAP System. I find report RPR_AMEX_BTA_TO_FI and I am looking for clarification of the use of this program. I checked SAP Note 607109 regarding the settings to be done and so far I had no issue. I will use the option to integrate the file to the SAP Travel Management.

QUESTION 1 : as described in the here-under SAP Note, Reference-5 field is read as cost assignment. What if I want to use another custom Reference field to call my cost assignment? Is it flexible? Because Reference-04 is the only field we could use to store our WBS assignment that we transmit via the Travel Request as it is long enough to content the information.

QUESTION 2: what does exactly mean 'With Travel Management'? foers it create expense report and integrate the transaction inside automatically?

I noticed as well report RPRCCC_READ_BTA contains a clearing button. what does it mean?

Thanks a lot !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elodie,

this report is not for upload any credit card item into SAP Travel Management!

This reports upload the "invoice" to Finance.

Please check first general info in sap help: Credit Card Clearing - Travel Expenses - SAP Library

Than for AMEX please check scn wiki: Processing of Credit Card transactions in Travel and Expenses - ERP Human Capital Management - SCN W...

Best regards, Sigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sigi,

thanks for your answer, it confirms what I thought: we cannot create expense report form these programs.

Regarding the clearing option, I already read the SAP Library article but it is not clear: on one side you post your expenses from the Travel Management module (from the buffer) and then post in FI with expenses GL to a clearing account (TCode PRFI/PRRW). Then, on the FI part, you post the invoice as an EDI using the program I mentioned before. I guess it will debit a vendor account and credit the same clearing account?  the aim is to be sure to pay exactly what we order and that is justified by the employee?

I guess I am missing some parts to understand the full utility of these programs.

I am just looking for a way to pass automate the upload and the creation of the expense reports from the BTA file...

I guess I will have to go with the Z program to do it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elodie,

you do not need a Z-programm to implement the SAP standard on credit card clearing.

Important is the word clearing to understand the whole process.

The invoice from the BTA Card (lodge card - so paid by the company) will be post to a reconciliation account (debit) and to the vendor account (credit) from the BTA card provider (Because you have to pay this card completely to the card provider). Now when the posting comes from travel the "real" expense accounting (debit) will take place (with the right controlling objects etc.) and against the same reconciliation account from the BTA finance posting. Now you can run the automatic clearing on this reconciliation account and check for what is not cleared automatically.

Does this make the process more clear to you?

Best regards, Sigi

P.S. this is always a big thing because most customers already post the expenses with the BTA card invoice and now they have to change the mind set. BUT(!) I think this change is quite worth it because the clearing account will give you a much faster view on what went wrong and what is OK. Negative effect. If the expenses are not entered in time the clearing account stays long time with not cleared amounts.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elodie,

To try and help, here's some more info:

There are 2 programs to upload BTA files from Amex:

1) RPR_AMEX_BTA_TO_FI

This program uses the BTA file to post a finance document and there are 2 options:

a) Without travel management - it will credit the Amex vendor account and debit the P&L cost GL accounts depending on the settings maintained as described in SAP note 607109. It will use the cost objects (cost centre/WBS/internal order) in the BTA file.

b) With travel management - it will credit the Amex vendor account and debit a 'clearing' or 'suspense' GL account.  This option needs to be used in conjunction with the second program.

2) RPRCCC_READ_BTA

This program converts the BTA file into the SAP CCD format and then imports the individual transactions into the credit card buffer so they can be assigned to expense reports by the employees.

When these expenses are posted by PRFI/PRRW they need to be customized so that they will debit the P&L cost GL accounts and credit the 'clearing' or 'suspense' GL account as mentioned in step 1b.  After that, the 'clearing' GL account can be cleared with F.13 (automatic clearing).

In order for this to work, the SAP employee number needs to be in the BTA file so that SAP can assign the credit card transactions to the correct employee numbers.

You can easily create your own transaction codes for these programs in SE93.

Hope that helps!

Jack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jack for the input really helpful for the understanding of the functionality !