cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration Models multiple runs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

There is a requirement from our customer to run the integration models multiple times in a day. This is a production centric environment where we expect many changes happening to material master/BOM/Recipe through out the day.

So basically, we need to run material master followed by PPDS and SNP Integration models jobs to transfer these changes. Is it a good practice have these runs say thrice day? Please let me know.

Thank you.

Regards,

Rishi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rishikesh,

The experts all make good points. I know of one customer that also has many material additions throughout the day. They created a program that runs every 15 minutes which identifies recently created materials and then creates and activates new side integration models for just those materials. When the nightly IM job runs, everything is collected into the main IM's. The side IM's are then deactivated and deleted. I thought it was very clever. But they had a clear business need and it was demanding in terms of performance.

I'm not able to provide any more details of the implementation. It is something you may want to think about.

Best regards,

Mike

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rishikesh,

What you need to consider is, what benefit it brings to the business if executed multiple times? First of all you need to understand what kind of master data changes are happening that too on a daily basis and why? Are the changes because of wrong communication or nature of the business etc.?

If they are as per nature of business try to see how they can be easily incorporated and go for one run before execution of your SNP/CTM/PPDS run (which ever optimizer you are taking). In the meantime you also need to see the effect of these change i.e. are they relevant for planning example changing MRP controller doesn't have any impact but changing PDT will have.

If you just move them once before your actual optimizer run then for me it is more then sufficient as it is the one which will consider these changes. On the other hand if you have developed some solutions where planners will cross-check the results with some simulations etc. then you need make it as background job on periodic basis.

Could you mention, how are you CIFing as of now with background job/foreground (not ideal)/immediately?

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

Its not a good/SAP recommended practice to CIF often in a day. SAP recommends to run it as single nightly job for master data.

Constraints

Cif jobs may consume resources which should be available for other planning jobs if your data volume is going to be high.

Possibilities for Lock/Deadlock on data.

If CIf job runs simultaneously when other planning jobs runs. Ex PPDS/Heursitcs etc then it may cause inconsistencies and incorrect results.

Suggestion

You can look for the option what expert Sandeep Suggested, where as soon as you create/modify your master data it'll be pushed to APO

If you're volume of data is going to be minimum then you can run the integration models thrice (example) in a day THEN you've to make sure no other planning jobs (mainly) or data updation jobs should run. i.e you've to look for such time window 3 times a day.

Just my thoughts

Regards

Vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what are your system's settings  for Material master in CFC9?

is it 2 - BTE transfer, immediately? if so, you dont need to run CIF models again and again to transfer the changes to APO.

what is the configuration of integration models of PPDS and SNP in your system?

Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

For all types of master data we run the integration models each night, no immediate transfer.

Thank you.

Regards,

Rishi