Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printing issue

former_member274353
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are using ERP 6.0 With EHP 4 with Oracle 11G Database and AIX operating system .

We are facing Printing issue in production server .There are two application server and DB and CI

installed a different server . I have configured login group but before some days SPOL created but Printing not coming

via logon group there is no changed in logon group and also checked logon group there is no problem .

But if I have put inadvisable of application server OR DB CI printing coming . It means printing not coming via Logon group

please suggest .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Mofizur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all you have to configure the printer definition both at SAP level and in OS level.have you created the print queue at OS level?

You can proceed like below

1) Try to print from any other application other than SAP like MS Word.
2) If that does not work then there is something wrong with the Printer.Ask you Infra team to check.
3) If that works then you have to check from SAP level.
4) Check from SAP Apps server OS level if the printer is reachable or not by doing ping.
5) If it is not reachable then again ask your Infra team.
6) If it is reachable then do a test print from SM50 and see if the print job is hitting the print queue or not.

lpstat -a<Printer name> will show you the print queue at OS level

7) If it is hitting the OS queue then you are good.Need to see why it is not going beyond that.

Thanks,

Mofizur

former_member274353
Participant
0 Kudos

HI ,

Just I have checked and troubleshoot ,

We are using three server if users used logon group and then logon

automatically logon 2nd nodes printing not coming OR users logon automatically

logon 1st application server and DB CI printing its coming problem is only 2nd nodes 

But logon group all status green .

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

to keep things a bit simpler:

• printing is working on one of the instances
  • while it is not working on the other one.

What does it exactly mean that printing is not working? Do you receive a dump, or SP01 shows an error for the spool?

Best regards,

Laszlo