cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charm Maintenance Cycle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have set up a maintenance project in solar_project_admin in solution manager and activated CHARM (Change Request Management).

A maintenance cycle has been generated correctly. When I go into Project cycle the project cycle page shows the phases as 'sap standard phases'

This is SAP project phases which is ok.

However the challenge is I need to create as a copy of an existing project which  has only 3 steps in it.   Please see the setup I need to copy, it's also set up as maintenance project

But the activation of project cycle has only 3 phases????

Can anyone tell me how to create a maintenance project with only three phases  - Create, maintenance and completed.

Even if I create  a new one as a copy of the project with 3 phases, it still generates a project cycle with the standard 7 phases.

I wonder how this was generated with 3 phases only which isn't the standard phases?

Many thanks,

Tolly

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tolly,

Also, check the documentation to understand the difference between these variants.

Settings for Change Transactions in Project Administration - SAP Solution Manager - SAP Library

Question 14 in below

Kindly do the same and let us know incase of any queries further.

Thanks

Prakhar

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tolly,

I have highlighted the setting in your project setup, which is responsible for having a cycle with three steps or with more steps:

Task List variant SAP1 gives you a project cycle of only 3 steps, and will only allow "urgent change" type of documents, and no normal changes.

Choose Task List variant SAP0 to have a standard cycle with many steps.

shauking
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tolly, just curious how you ended up with creating a maintenance project with just 3 phases? Can you please share what the systems (logical components) were included in this project? It doesn't seems very practical to have just one "maintenance" phase by all means. 

Thanks,

Jerry