cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSM connection with SAP HR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to know how SAP HR can be connected to SSM ?

What are the challenges in implementation ?

What criteria should be considered while giving effort estimation for SSM project ?

Regards

Vaibhav Kandpal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182649
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vaibhav,

At one level SAP HR is 'just' another data source that SSM can pull data from.

But then it becomes more complex!

You need to be able to answer some questions:

• what data do you want to pull from HR and at what level - is it going to be data to populate KPIs in SSM or are you talking about metadata?
  • is it aggregated data and would a data warehouse/BW be the best route to go to provide the source rather than pulling direct from HR. Raw base transactional data is rarely loaded into SSM
  • what structures/hierarchies of contexts are you planning to build in SSM and what other data sources will you use

Hope this helps.

Regards

Colin Cooper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Colin,

I'm struggling with the same functionalities.

I want to import the PPOSE data from a HR system into Solution Manager to populate our PPOMA_CRM fully, without having to maintain anything manually in Solution Manager.

Prerequisite that we now have, is that the user has to exist in Solution Manager with the same User account as in HR, and his BP number is already generated in Solution Manager.

We are already doing this on initial and delta basis for OU, Positions, but currently the assigned BP's are not getting through.

If you have any kind of documentation on this, I would really appreciate this.

Regards,

Rik Vriens

former_member182649
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rik,

Not sure I understand your question!

Do you actually mean Solution Manager or do you mean SAP Strategy Management (SSM) which is the topic of this forum? The only link between SSM and Solution Manager is that Solution Manager holds the license key for NetWeaver AS which is what SSM is built on.

If you are wanting to give users access to SSM then the UME in NetWeaver integrates with your chosen authentication methodology to give access. Once in UME they can then be allocated to Roles and have access to SSM.

If you are trying to pull data through then you need to either go via BW or query/extract from your external system to provide the data to load into the PAS database behind SSM.

If your question is actually a Solution Manager question then you will find better qualified responses by posting it into the Solution Manager forum.

Regards

Colin