cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while adding PO system in NWDS (to deploy module)

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am trying to deploy an Adapter Module from NWDS to my PO system (single stack), but receive below mentioned error. I did the same to another PI system (dual stack), it worked completely fine. Does NWDS version matters?. I tried adding PO system through Window-> Preferences-> SAP As Java, also tried entering host name + instance directly on "Run..", still received same error.

Please note, ESR browser works fine and can access objects there. If my instance number is incorrect, where do I double check it in PI?.

Please help me with your inputs.

Error: The following SAP instance cannot be accessed at present: [Host: xxx, InstanceNr.: 00]

Check if the SAP Instance number is correct, the host can be accessed on the network, the sapstarsrv process is running and that the proxy settings are correct.

Thanks in advance!.

Kumaran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

instance Number is wrong I guess

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

You can double check the instance number in SLD.

When you try to add PO system in SAP AS JAVA in NWDS is it giving the above error ? if not,  if nothing happens when you add PO system to SAP AS JAVA,  then please check below wiki for how to achive this problem.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-58203

or you can also deploy the adapter module from the deploy view in

windows-->show view-->other--->deploy view--->deploy view in NWDS.  Please check the below link for the details.

http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-administrator/blog/2014/01/28/nwds-step-by-step-in-the-loving...

Please let me know if you encounter any problem in implementing the above.

Thanks !!

Regards,

Santhi

0 Kudos

Thanks for your response, Santhi.

I get this error when I try to add PO system in SAP AS Java in NWDS.

I gonna try the option (deployment view) you mentioned now, will update the result.

Thank you.

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guna,

You can find the system information by navigating in PI system through NWA->Configuration->Infrastructure->System Information

Besides this, I echo with hareesh comments.

Can you cross check the compatibility between the NWDS version and the PI version which you are trying to connect with.

0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

Thanks for your response. I checked system number in NWA as you mentioned, it is 00 as I rightly entered. So i don't see any issue in my input.

PI: 7.31

NWDS: 7.3

I will check if it is due to compatability issue.

Thanks,

Kumaran

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try changing the instance number..

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>I will check if it is due to compatibility issue

Below thread might help with your investigation.

NWDS AS Java Configuration | SCN

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kumaran,

Trying adding system using the perspective->SAP management console.

0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

I tried that with no luck

Thanks,

Kumaran

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>Does NWDS version matters?

It does matter. It should be same as your PI version.

However i don't think establishing a connection should have a problem. Can you try giving FQDN i.e. host.company.com ??

0 Kudos

Thanks for your response, Hareesh.

Yes, I tried both host.company.com and IP address. None of them worked.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This error should only occur when that system is unreachable/provided details are incorrect.

Make sure that you are in companies network and that system is accessible via browser.

if the system is running, ensure that there are no typo's.

0 Kudos

Yes, I am able to access the system via browser. I copy paste the hostname, so don't think its due to typo. Once qtn please, how do I confirm the Instance Number of my single stack system?.

Thanks,

Kumaran

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your port number?

5xx000 -> xx is your instance

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guna,

You can find the instance number of the system in the below path:

You can find the system information by navigating in PI system through NWA->Configuration->Infrastructure->System Information

Regards

0 Kudos

Hareesh, yes my port number is 50000. So instance number is 00 i believe.

Thanks,

Kumaran