cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ERP EHP7 and SAP BI on same HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

We have 2 SAP HANA pre-installed server in cluster for production use.

Is it possible to use it for both SAP ECC ERP EHP7 and BI? or we need separate HANA server for BI

specs for each HANA server are 512 GB RAM 2 x 16 core processor and 14 TB storage.

we have license for SAP HANA Platform Edition.

Any suggestion, advise and opinion are welcome

regards

Saifuddin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lucas_oliveira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Saifuddin,

Why would you use an In-Memory database to store your BIP metadata/configuration? Why not using another server for that? All the hard work will probably be done by HANA anyhow.

As far as I can know there won't be much performance improvement by installing your BIP on top of HANA either way so it looks like a waste of the HANA RAM.

BRs,

Lucas de Oliveira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lucas

Thanks for your Reply, I just want to understand that why you consider as waste of RAM, because HANA is for data insight. and tool for data insight is BI not ECC ERP.

Moreover I consider it as better utilization of Hardware. My reason here is,

BI based of two databases (Audit and CMS) where audit is just configuration data and CMS store the actual data required for Business projection.

Now if we read directly from HANA with same ECC database that we do not need to keep redundant data. and performance is also good because we are reading from HANA db.

if you describe your opinion in detail it will be great help to take decision

regards

Saifuddin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saifuddin,

Please check following URL:-

SAP Business Suite powered by SAP HANA Cookbook

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure, If we can go with below options in your case. I have not worked with such kind of scenario. But, I want to understand from other experts if we can go with below options.

Option 1 :

Multiple Components One Database (MCOD) i.e one database, several applications(ECC & BW) several schemas (Obviously ,Seperate Schema for ECC & Seperate Schema for BI)

Option 2:

Multiteneant DB i.e in one tenant ECC and in other tenant BI