cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

screen personas 3.0 flavor freezes by calling using URL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I´m trying to implement Personas 3.0 flavors in NWBC index menu.

I implemented different  TA´s as “Web address or file” using following URL pattern:

http://<your system>/sap/bc/personas?sap-ie=edge&sap-client=<XXX>&~transaction=<any Ta>&sap-personas-flavor=<any flavorID>

That works for the simple Flavors absolutely fine. But in case of using JavaScript code within the Transaction, the Transaction freezes.

The TA starts and I see that the JS-code was executed (e.g. in case of value creation) but I´m not able to do anything else. Nothing works in the windows.

The flavor works fine in In case of calling the flavor using standard menu.

I have also tried to call the links in web browser and have absolutely the same issue.

Have somebody an Idea how I can solve this issue?

Thank you and best regards,

Denis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the issue was not solved.

The workaroun was to eliminate JS 'onLoad'

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I still have the problem. Has Nobody an idea?

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Does this problem only happen when the flavor (with JS) is opened in NWBC or also when it is started directly in the browser?

If the former (so the problem only appears via NWBC) then this is possibly a bug in the SAP GUI. According to this Knowledge Base article, in such a situation the flavor is rendered using the SAP GUI, and the issue is with SAP GUI itself. In this case, I'd suggest creating an OSS incident for component BC-FES-GUI and provide all details and access information to the system so that the SAP GUI team can investigate the issue.

Please make sure that you are using SAP GUI 7.40 with the latest patch (4) though before reporting the incident.

The referenced KB article also contains an advice about how to make the NWBC render the flavor without the SAP GUI if you want an immediate solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tamas,

thank you for your reply.

The problem is not only happen in NWBC, ti happens also in all other browser by executing the transaction directly by the URL.

In my case is the main condition, which cause the problem, the Javascript code executed as event on screen load. ( in case I delete the JavaScreept on screen load, works the URL well ).

Best regards,

Denis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

Can you attach a screenshot, I am unable to understand your issue.

--

Regards

Saurabha J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabha,

I have a flavor, which works like expected when I'm executing the flavor by Transaction (Start Screen Personas and execute TA).

Now, I will call the flavor directly using URL (like: http://<your system>/sap/bc/personas?sap-ie=edge&sap-client=<XXX>&~transaction=<any Ta>&sap-personas-flavor=<any flavorID>).

The application starts but I´m not able to execute the program or to do anything else (back / exit / etc. does not work as well).

This issue is only given in case the flvor has JS code. Flavors without JS are working without any issues.

I hope I was more clear.

Regards,

Denis