cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disaggregation based on another Key figure

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a query. We have keyfigures "Stat Forecast T/D" & "Revised Budget" both are disaggregating based on
another key figure 'Customer planner forecast'.

The value in the 'Customer planner forecast' is '0' in Planning book for week 26.2016.

But the value for 'Stat Forecast T/D  and "Revised Budget" showing
incorrect value. The KF values for Stat and Revised Budg are maintained at brand/channel level while Customer planner forecast at SKU/Customer level.

Can anyone tell me how disaggregation takes place when the
value is zero in disaggregation key figure ie in our case 'Customer planner forecast' and the bigger problem is why it can be for only one particular week (i.e 26.2016).

I have also checked data backups and there is no value in "Customer Planner forecast" meaning that nobody has manually changed it recently.

Urgent reply is appreciated

Thanks
and Regards,

Shaikh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaikh,

Does 'Customer planner forecast' gets generated at monthly bucket level & then dis-aggregates to weekly buckets (26.2016 is a weekly bucket for June 2016) based on the actual Sales History weekly breakup of past years... June 2015?

Does "Stat Forecast T/D" & "Revised Budget" also gets generated by DP-Forecasting or are these 2 KF's derived through some macro calculations in DP books based on 'Customer planner forecast'?

If the weekly dis-aggregated values for 'Customer planner forecast' for June 2016 consists of even one ZERO value (as you say 26.2016 has ZERO value) that doesn't means that "Stat Forecast T/D" & "Revised Budget" which even though based on 'Customer planner forecast' would also dis-aggregate to ZERO in their weekly buckets.

The time-based dis-aggregation grill-down calculations needs to be understood before we could arrive to the correct calculations.

Regards

Sooraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sharma,

Customer Planner generated at weekly bucket level at SKU / Customer level.

Stat T/D and Revised Budget fcst at monthly bucket and both are keyed manual at brand/channel level.

I am aware that if one value is zero it will not dissaggregate to zero, but the pattern here is that for certain SKUs CP Forecast is zero long before and after week 26.2016 and its just randomly picking values for certain SKUs for Stat T/D and Revised Budget Fcst.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also We have "0" as well as blank values for CP planner forecast.

When dissaggregating based on that does that makes any difference?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Utba,

Couple of questions before I answer.....

1. What is the calculation type in the planning area "Ï or P". If its "I", then its quite simple. Dissagg is based on another KF only when the value is initial.

2. Did you make changes at the higher level in the KF Stat Forecast T/D  and "Revised Budget" and check the value at SKU/Customer Level?

3. Are there any default macros which are repopulating the values in the KF Stat Forecast T/D  and "Revised Budget".

Please let me know your findings.

Regards,

Vinay Kalap

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Know if it would be "I"type , it's easier. It's P type with time based disagg K, time based dissagg is based on another KF weekly index which carries a factor to dissagg months to weeks.

The problem is that customer planner forecast is not calculated in a separate KF, and there way to find the proportions CP forecast(in the past) if they have been changed or not.

I did change values at higher level and for week 26 it is aggregating in equal proportions.

I checked the values at lower level and if I take values off aggregate level press enter, it's dissaggregating in equal proportions With 0 value for few skus

The question here is why only for a particular week ie 26.2016 it is putting random values in skus and not in other weeks.

No there is no default macro which repopulate values of stat t/d or revised budg.

thanks vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Utba,

I have a few more questions based on the answer you provided

1.The problem is that customer planner forecast is not calculated in a separate KF, and there way to find the proportions CP forecast(in the past) if they have been changed or not. - Did not quite understand the statement. I thought the KFs stat t/d or revised budg we based on KF "Customer Planner Forecast"

2. Is the time based Dissagg Key figure of KF "Customer Planner Forecast" and stat t/d or revised budg different?

3. Are there any negative values?

Regards,

Vinay Kalap

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry typo, as I typed from cell while travelling. hope this explains

Customer Planner forecast proportions on the basis of which Stat T/D and Rev Budget dissaggregated are not maintained in a separate keyfigure. Your understanding is correct and stat and rev budg are dissaggregated on CP fcst.

Time based Dissagg is same for all K type based on KF weekly index.

There are no negative values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Utba,

With this, all looks okay as per configuration is concerned. You will have send some screen shots for me to investigate further.

Regards,

Vinay Kalap