cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USER EXIT PDATE

0 Kudos

All, I would appreciate your help to find the user exit PDATE in SCM 7.

I am planning to use the Planning Start Date field TBID_START field to dynamically recalculate a data view start date.

The SAP Help on this field identifies the User Exit 'PDATE' for this purpose.  However, I am not able to find a PDATE user exit.

Can you help to find where this exit exists.

Thanks

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher

Your requirement is not clear. Could you explain in which transaction, what are you trying to achieve?

Regards

Rahul

0 Kudos

Thanks.

I am creating a new data view.

The Planning Start Date for the data view will need to be recalculated annually.

The Planning Start Date in the Planning Book / Data View designer is used to determine the start of the planning horizon.

Txn /SAPAPO/SDP8B

To dynamically update the Planning Start Date field the User exit 'PDATE' should be used (at least this is what the SAP Help on the field states).

I don't see a PDATE user exit.

I need to understand where to find the Exit to update this field.

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

This functionality is on the basis of two settings:

• Periodicity of planning area (TR32)
  • Time bucket profile assigned to planning book.

With your requirement it seems you are forecasting on a daily bucket (correct me if I am wrong as you want to adjust planning start date). This means you have assigned time bucket profile in SDP8B with daily buckets.

Nevertheless you have assigned, storage bucket profile to planning area. If you have assigned posting period along with fiscal year variant in the definition of SBP then you need to adjust the same to have planning start accordingly.

You should have right fiscal year variants maintained in the system with right definitions which will consider this.

Try to explore with the same for your solution before you go for any custom development.

Regards

Rahul

0 Kudos

Sorry Rahul, I think you are heading in the wrong direction.

I am planning in weeks and Months but this is irrelevant to this query.

Start Dates on data views are dynamic by default.

I wish to fix the start date of a data view to reflect the current Budgetary period which means my data view needs to reflect a fixed period December to November.

I do not want the data view horizon to roll until the start of the next fiscal year.

To do this my design recommends using the Planning Start Date to define the start of a budgetary data view.

What I am trying to achieve is to roll this horizon to the new Budgetary year on the 1st December each year.

I can execute a user exit/badi macro to update the Planning Start Date...however I am not able to identify the PDATE user exit which the SAP Help recommends using.

Planning Start date = TBID-START

Apologies for any confusion.

former_member244427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

In transaction SMOD enter PDATE and select display it will take you to the FM. Consult your ABAP expert to implement it.

Regards

Abhishek

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Christopher,

Still not sure what you are trying to achieve but if you are looking for FM then check EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLMSNP_BAS_001 for the same.

Regards

Rahul

0 Kudos

This is what I was looking for..... thanks.

0 Kudos

Thanks, this will help  and  will hopefully resolve my query.

Answers (0)