cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching Normal Change to RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a Normal Change which does not currently belong to any RFC. This Normal Change originally belonged to a ChaRM Request For Change. Using the Change Project Assignment option of the More Menu in the Request for Change , this Change Document was detached from the Parent RFC.  Now we want to attach this Change Document to a different RFC. How can this be done ?

Regards,

Vinod

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The note you have shown states the following...

Question: Is there any way that we can manually link back the documents (with a program or a function)?

Answer   : No, it is not possible. The link will be removed in case the "Request For Change" has another change document in another project, and there is no way to link them back. The whole problem is one "Request for Change" can only hold change documents from the same project.

This means that we cannot reattach the document to the same RFC because we have two different projects in the RFC and the Normal Change.

Supposing I create a new RFC with the project exactly the same as the unlinked Normal Change. Is it possible to attach this Normal Change to the newly created RFC ? The projects in this case are the same so I am guessing that there should be a way to link these two documents together. Is there a way to do this ?

Regards,

Vinod

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

you have a much simpler option of assigning transport request and decoupling of transport request.

Assign Transport Requests - Change Request Management - SAP Library

have you already tried that?

it is just to de-link the TRs from old and link to new CD

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The assigning of transport request etc alone is not enough for the current project. It is required to actually de-link the Normal Change from the current RFC and reassign it to another new RFC. The projects for both will be the same.

Also I would like to know if it is possible to de-link the Normal Change from an RFC without changing its Project Assignment.

Regards,

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

It cannot be done. Attaching one change to another RFC is not possible,

Regards,

Karthik