Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC 5.0 does not start on Windows 10

former_member342518
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I try to open the NWBC on windows 10 , I get error message "Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 is not installed.". After then I try to install .NET Framework 4.5 but I get error message again " 1. Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 is already a part of this operating system.  You do not need to install the .NET Framework 4.5 redistributable. 2. Same or higher version of .NET Framework 4.5 has already been installed on this computer.".

I can not solve this problem yet.

Thanks ,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please use the latest patch level 7 of NWBC 5.0 and try again.

We fixed a problem with .NET framework versions and this correction is already available with PL7.

Does not have something to do with Windows 10 its only a compatibility problem with framework versions higher than 4.5.2

Best Regards,

Thomas

christoph_ostrop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have some issues NWBC-5.0 PL-6 with error "object reference not set to an instance of an object"

we have installed .NET 4.5.2. on WinServer2008R2

are those errors fixed with PL-7 ??

Christoph

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member342518
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your help. I tried all of your advices except PL-7 . 'NwbcCore.exe' works but after loging in i get different error message "No menu is available for your user ; The SAP menu is displayed instead" . I think it may be due to compatibility and security settings. After checking in this case, I will try PL-7 . I will inform about the results.

Thank you all again.

Süleyman ,

sukharev
Discoverer

On PL7 all work fine for me on W10 without any issue.

Using NWBC5 since PL0 with W10 Tech Preview (start with NWBCcore)

havder
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try going to "Programs and Features" --> "Turn Windows features on or off" --> Select the .NET 3.5 framework.

It worked for me at least

Kind regards,

Sam

sukharev
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try to launch NWBC5 with 'NwbcCore.exe'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alexander, NwbcCore.exe works.

Other useful advice: I've encountered another function in NWBC 5.0 that doesn't work on the windows client - creating a new Profile. Encountering loading timeouts and the screen remains disabled. Unknown if this is related to windows 10. However the web version of NWBC can be used to successfully work around this problem, for me the web client didn't timeout and then when I reloaded the desktop client all was fine.

PatL
Explorer
0 Kudos

Windows 10 is currently not supported until sometime in 2016.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you know when SAP Business Client 6.0 will support W10? And where I can find information about SAP Business Client in PAM (Product Availability Matrix)?