Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

What if Analysis

Hi,

By default its not possible to create what if dashboard so I have installed, SCN Community addon for Design Studio, and i am trying to create a what if analysis dashboard.

I saw one component slider where there is option of on live changes under events. Can i create a what if dashboard using this?

Any examples?

My test case is:

I have number of employees against each department. So if i have 5 department, I will have 5 slider and on increasing one slider, number of employees will increase and overall of count will also change. Is this possible?

Regards

Nishant

replied

Hi Nishant,

Here's an example of how you can link sliders to gauges:

Each range slider "On Change" script code looks like this:

dept1EmployeeIncrease = me.getValueAsInt();

GAUGE_1.setShowedValue(dept1EmployeeIncrease + "");

GAUGE_1.setIndicatorValue(dept1EmployeeIncrease);

additionalEmployees = dept1EmployeeIncrease + dept2EmployeeIncrease + dept3EmployeeIncrease;

TEXT_2.setText(additionalEmployees + "");

Global variables are used to keep track of the incremental employee count.  Note that I have used the "On Change" event instead of "On Live Change" since the binding of the latter was out of synch. 

If you'd like to set the starting values of the speedometers to the corresponding actual headcount values from the result set then you can obtain these values by iterating through the data source members using getData() method.

You will notice that speedometers take up quite a lot of space on the dashboard, and for this reason their use is not recommended as a best practice.  I suggest that you consider using bullet charts as a more compact alternative.

Regards,

Mustafa.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question