cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexibility of material data without variant configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP heroes,

I'm currently investigating a subcontracting flow. This subcontracting involves special client-specific products in unique measurements and colours. At the moment a new material has to be created every time in order to fulfill the orders correctly. Working with the variant configurator in the sales order would solve this issue but unfortunately the module has not been implemented in our company. Now I wonder if there is another solution that deals with this problem and avoids the lengthy process of creating a material number just to record the right cost price, colour and dimensions.

Best regards,

Youri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Without variant configuration, the exact value cannot be determined for products based on criteria's - in your case unique measurements and colours

As monitory concern on profit and loss for product manufactured which need to be sold and based criteria's, the selling price varies - you need to have different material code instead of variant configuration!

Check withour material code also

Regards,

Biju K

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How many different processes for the same purpose do you expect in a standard SAP system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only one and that is exactly my problem. But my experience is that illogical workarounds exist for other processes as well so I was hoping to get some of the benefit via an already available process. Variant configuration will be implemented in the future but I need a short term solution to avoid having people spend their entire day on creating materials