cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade, from 10 to 10.1, in same SID(physical system) i.e Database instance and OS instance, remains same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

Could you help, clarify and rectify, the below, when upgrade, from 100 to 10.1, takes place on the same SID

• I think 10.1 will place a new instance in my Database, i.e all tables of GRC 10.1 will replace old GRC 10.0 tables. This includes Repository, Master data and Transaction tables.
  • -So, do i get a choice, during upgrade, for retaining old data, and adding new ones(introduced through 10.1), only.
  1. Introduction of  new webdynpros. But since, the table in which Webdynpros are stored remains the same, how do I make new ones, added to the existing table. I would not like the existing  table to get replaced, as  it contains my Custom webdynpros.

Similarly, I need to retain my Ruleset/Risks/Functions. So, can i only add new ones. So, do I need to reactivate BC sets (ARA).

• - I think, I will need to reactivate, BC set for MSMP, for any new Rules(Initiator, Agent, Routing,etc..) . So, will my existing Custom rules get deleted

Could you provide inputs, as I have mentioned very little.

Regards

Plaban

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Plaban,

Depends on you plan of upgrade decided by Basis,

if they are going to have new installation of 7.4 then do database restore.

after 7.4 installation they need to deploy GRC10.1 component and do a dbimport.

infact the question should be placed in basis forum.

PS: lot of other activities involved. like upgrades of plugin system.

other way of upgrade from NW7.2 to NW7.4 then upgrade component.

Thanks Prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Prashant,

thanks, i will post in Basis forum. But, i will make question clear for GRC community, and i will keep it restricted to GRC AC system, only.

case1: there is a 7.4 installation and a dbimport: This means my old GRC 10.0 data gets restored. So, does this also ensure that, new tables(of 10.1) and new entries(of existing tables) get included, in my database.  An example of new entry is new webdynpros.

Regards

Plaban