Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Customer Group usage to establish customer relationship

Hi SAP SD Guru's,

Can we use customer group field to establish relationship of customers . Example Apple - US and Apple Australia

Can we map customer relationship ( as Main Group and Sub Group) using customer group field?

Is there any other way to map customer relationship in SAP SD apart from customer Hierarchy?

Thanks in advance for your advises.

Tags:
Former Member
Former Member replied

Hello Brahm,

1. 1.The challenge in given solution is, I need to create dummy customer master record for Apple ( Main Group) and extend it to all possible sales area.

Yes you have to do that .

1. As Apple does not deal with us so it’s not actual customer. While OEM of Apple are our actual customer and we maintain customer master data in our system.

You have dummy customer - Apple (Main group). You are not dealing directly with this customer. You need to ensure when sales Order created ,Apple (Main group ) added as partner or copied from customer master (customer Master must have Apple as main group) in partner function as partner.

1. 3. The another challenge is if my OEM - Thailand and OEM-Malaysia are created as customer master with separate sales organizations then how can i assign Apple (Dummy customer code) in all OEM customers with different sales area.

I guess this should not be problem .Create Dummy customer Apple (main group). Maintain the General data and one sales area data. Ensure you have Apple partner function. (Example - MG) added in apple customer master.

Assign the partner function –MG & dummy customer code to all OEM, I have tested it works fine. It is not necessary to have Apple & OEM should have same sales are. Purpose is to develop a report and calculate total sale.

OR can i create Customer with General Data for Main group and assigned this as partner function to all my OEM customer master?

System will not allow you and only for general data .You will get an error “Partner XX has not been created” Because there is no Partner data for apple (main grp)

Other Option:-

Identify if your requirement is sales area dependent or general data dependent.

Example for Sales area dependent:-

Regards

Santosh

2 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question