Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Authentication for ABAP HTTP adapter vs Java HTTP Adapter

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Is there any difference between the way the user is authenticated in ABAP HTTP adapter vs Java HTTP adapter for POST method.

Regards

Kalyan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Authentication done by J2EE engine instead of IE.

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

I saw that blog, but my question is about the way user authentication is handled. Why is the emphasis on User authentication for Java based HTTP adapter. Cant the application code which is submitting the form handle the user authentication in both the cases whether it is ABAP HTTP or Java HTTP?

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>I saw that blog, but my question is about the way user authentication is handled. Why is the emphasis on User authentication for Java based HTTP adapte

Your question doesn't reflect it. However

That application which is submitting the form is not part of/provided by SAP PI. It's hosted/developed by someone else.

If there is no authentication happening on the PI side, any one with the URL can push messages/gain control over the system. Isn't it a security concern?

The motive remains same as why you wanted to authenticate the user within your application code.

If you have too many user's accessing applications, you don't need to maintain them in PI. Just create and make use of a service user to trigger messages to PI. You can authenticate user's within your application code.

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

I agree with you about authentication in PI. So now coming back to my question which I was asking in the beginning; we use browser based java script for authentication wrt Java HTTP adapter, but why don't we do the same for ABAP HTTP adapter?