cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 2.0 basic data text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in the process of investigating personas 2.0 and currently playing in our sandbox system. So far I have been able simplify my MM01 transaction to just 2 tabs which is amazing.

To try and make it more simpler, I'm trying to see if we can also get the basic data text screen to display within one of the tabs. For example, the basic data text is currently a button on the basic data tab. When the user presses this button, it goes to another screen where the user can type in the basic data text. Can also be reached using menu path Extras > Basic data text.

Instead of pushing a button and going to this sub-screen, I'm trying to see if there is any way we could just have this sub-screen directly displayed on the basic data tab. So the user can just directly type instead of clicking the button, typing the text and then backing out once more to basic data tab. Of course whatever text gets typed into this new field on the main tab should update the appropriate database table.

Hope my question is clear and not very confusing.

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I think you could try to have a large enough textbox on your Basic Data tab, with text wrapping enabled. This would allow the user to enter the basic data text.

Then a script button tied to the ENTER key for this text box can activate a script that copies the text from the textbox, navigates to the standard screen where this text is entered and pastes the textbox content in the appropriate area and finally it navigates back to the Basic Data tab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tamas! Interesting suggestion. Will give it a try and let you know how it goes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much! This worked great!

Answers (0)