Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message L3 009 During Stock Putaway with Manual Strategy

former_member204457
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I've looked at both these threads which discusses this error message but they are not relevant to my situation.

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1385855

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1890170

I've a storage type with no putaway strategy "manual stock placement". I've defined strategies for both storage type and storage section and updated the material master accordingly. There is also plenty of storage bins against the storage type/section.

However, when I try to putaway stock (LT06), I get the error message L3009. If I put the bin, the error goes away, but I don't think there should be an error message to begin with because I'm using "manual stock placement".

Have you faced the same issue for storage types with "manual stock placement"?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This reads a bit contradictory:

"I've a storage type with no putaway strategy "manual stock placement". I've defined strategies for both storage type and storage section and updated the material master accordingly."

Do you have a strategy or not?

According to the 2nd sentence you have a strategy, and this strategy was not successful according to the error message.

can you post a screenshot from the bin determination log?

former_member204457
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen

There is strategy for determining storage type and section but the putaway strategy for storage bin is manual.

determination log

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is just a standard message. I tested it in my system, absolutely the same behavior.

SAP does not carry out any bin determination, but if it returns from the include program and the target bin is empty then it directly issues this message. There is no condition that the message makes only real sense if there is no manual put-away strategy.

I don't see any harm with this message, you are at the right screen and you  need to enter the desired bin anyway. You have not to do any extra click

former_member204457
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Jürgen I thought as much the message is kind of misleading but you don't know until you ask.

Answers (0)