cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retain Formulas and refernces to other Planning Workbooks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

The users had an interesting question about retaining the cell formulas and references in the IP planning workbook?

I tested this by inputting a simple cell formula in one of the input enabled cell ( like =C8*5) then I was able to save the result of this to cube but when I open the workbook next time then obviously we don't have the above formula instead we will see the value saved to database.

Also can IP workbook reference another workbook and retain that reference formula like excel does?

Any help on this is appreciated.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sheldon_piao
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems impossible.  When it is reopen, the cell value will be refreshed based on the query definition which is set via query designer and link to the relevant infoprovider.

Best Regards,
Sheldon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sheldon.

That's what I was thinking too but wanted to take the experts experience and advise.

If anyone else has any experience or opinions please share so I can confirm to the business users that it not possible to retain the formulas on the planning workbook.

Thank you.

sheldon_piao
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is an Bex Analyzer question, and you can post the same question in SAP Business Warehouse. You may find the right expert there.

Best Regards,
Sheldon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sheldon,

I'm using the BO Analysis for this planning workbook not the BEx Analyzer workbook.

So wasn't really sure where to post but since this is the Business Planning I thought this might be the good place to post.

Was wondering if the cell level formulas are added within the Bex query or at workbook level if at all its possible?

Thank you.