cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO7.40 Integrated Configuration created in swing UI doesn't show up in NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am working on PO 7.4 sp4, I've just installed NWDS 7.31 EHP1 SP16 (FYI, they are compatible). FYI, I've worked with PI for years, but first time working in PO7.4.

Previously I've created a ICO in swing UI, however in NWDS I don't see it under IFlows. does that mean Swing UI's ICO and IFlow in NWDS are not compatible? so if I create IFlow in NWDS, it won't show up either in Swing UI?

If this is the case, this is a problem, because some PI resource would like to work with swing ui, some with NWDS, then they won't see each other's configuration in ID, this would be a big problem.

Anyone can comment?

Thanks

Jayson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

no one can comment on this?

you guys don't have this kind of problem at your PO 7.4 environment? Or you guys all have the same DEV tool, either NWDS or SwingUI.

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jayson,

NWDS cannot read an ICo object directly.  If you want to see a flow within NWDS then it needs to be created in NWDS and activated & deployed from there.  The activation and deployment of the iFlow object is when the corresponding ICo object is generated in the system.  Open an iFlow object in Integration Directory and you will see that it is essentially a parent object for the ICo.  For this reason we will only generated iFlow objects in NWDS and will not create ICo objects directly in Integration Directory.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank, Ryan

so are you saying that if I create IFlow in NWDS, then I should be able to see the ICO in ID, right?

I've not done this yet, but I'd like to know it before making a decision whether or not to use NWDS.

Anyway this might create some issue within some organization when deciding which tool (NWDS vs. Swing UI) to use. Basically only one tool should be used among the team and going forward, otherwise it will create big problem as people don't see each others integration scenarios.

So for PO7.40 and onwards, what is SAP's recommendation which tool to use? I've read a lot that NWDS is a preferred tool, but do we have SAP's official recommendation? Will SAP continue supporting NWDS for PI and bring all features of Swing UI to NWDS?

What I understand is that not all Swing UI's features are available in NWDS, so what to do in that case?

This is confusing for me that the two tools are not compatible when it comes to ICO/IFlow.

Thanks

Jayson

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>so are you saying that if I create IFlow in NWDS, then I should be able to see the ICO in ID, right?

Yes. This is true.

The other way is not possible at this moment but i believe SAP is working on it.

>>>So for PO7.40 and onwards, what is SAP's recommendation which tool to use? I've read a lot that NWDS is a preferred tool, but do we have SAP's official recommendation? Will SAP continue supporting NWDS for PI and bring all features of Swing UI to NWDS?

NWDS is the recommendation and swing tools will be discontinued in future.

>>>What I understand is that not all Swing UI's features are available in NWDS, so what to do in that case?

Below should give some insight.

I don't see any issues with configuration from NWDS but ESR -> easy to work with swing tools