cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference in idoc adapter header mapping between SP14 and SP19

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have a very strange problem.......i have 2 XI systems : XI-sandbox and XI-dev.....

XI-sandbox is on XI3.0 SP19 whereas XI-dev is on XI3.0 SP14...........

I have a file->XI->idoc scenario which is same on both XI-sandbox and XI-dev....

in receiver idoc adapter, i am using header mapping for sender service and in the sender service i am using XPATH of a field of control rec of idoc.........

this scenario works fine on XI-sandbox which is on SP19 and the idocs are sent to SAP R/3 sandbox...........but this scenario on XI-dev gives error in SXMB_MONI in XI-dev of Call adapter - "No party conversion found".........

So my question is that is there any difference in idoc adapter header mapping between SP14 and SP19.........

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Message was edited by:

RAJEEV GUPTA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajeev,

As far as I know, no.

I am on a SP 19 system now and it is working fine and I also rewmember using this option on SP 14.

Also, in case the Sender Partner Name is a part of the idoc control record you can select take Sender from paylaod in the Idoc Receivr Adapter.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

what i am trying to do is i want to dynamically select the business service for sender service to send idoc to r/3...........

so i have a field in source file and by using some concatenations, i get the business service name.........so depending on that source field dynamically business service will be used.......all business services in ID have their logical system names in adapter specific attributes.............

so i cant use apply control rec values from payload.........

Hi All,

So any clues about what may be going wrong in XI-dev system.......

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajeev,

Sorry, but things have gone over my head.

Can you explain things once again please .

Thanks,

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

><i>so i cant use apply control rec values from payload.........</i>

rajeev,

I know this has nothing to do with the original problem but please do bear.

If I undertood you posts correct, the Sender Partner Name is set in the Idoc Control record in the field SNDPRN in the mapping using some mapping logic.

Now, this is the partner name with which the idoc is to be posted to thge R3 system.

if yes, then like I have pointed above, using "Take Sender From Payload" in the Receivcer Idoc Adapter is a better option as pointed in the SAP help as well.

As you are already populating the idoc control ecord with SNDPRN just make the SNDPRT as LS and then select "Take Sender from Payload" in the receiver Idoc adapter and the Sender Partner Name will not be taken from SDNPRN just as you want.

This is different from "Apply Control Records From Payload" .

Regards

Bhavesh

PS : you can ignore this reply if the situatios is too late to make this change and thanks for the patience.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

see xi-sandbox on SP19 is working fine........

the problem is with xi-dev on SP14 is not working fine.......the option of Take Sender From Payload is not available in SP14.........

well i tried your solution by changing the mapping so that SNDPRN has LS name of R/3.......then i used apply control rec values from payload, it gave error"Unable to convert sender XI party http://sap.com/xi/XI/XIParty/XXX to an IDoc partner"....then i removed the option of apply control rec values from payload, it gave error "Unable to convert sender service YYY to an ALE logical system".....In my scenario, i have a sender party XXX with service YYY which has a file adapter to send the source file to XI for mapping it to IDOC......

Hi All,

So any suggestions for my query..........

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

><i>the option of Take Sender From Payload is not available in SP14.........</i>

This is available on SP 14. We have a production system on SP 14 using this feature.

You might not be able to see this option as the SAP Basis component in IR does nto have the correct idoc Metadata.

Go to SAP BASIS Component in IR --> Double Click on the Basis Component --> details Tab --> Available Supoport packages will give you the details as to which SP the adapter metadata is on.

Make sure you have SP 14 metadata as the SAP Basis Component.

Like I mentioned "Apply Control Record from Payload" will not do the trick. You need to get the SAP Basis component correclty imported by your Basis team in IR and then you will find this option in your adapter in ID and then it will work as I have explained

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

In xi-dev, SAP BASIS -> details tab -> available support packages: 9,10,11,14.

so now why this Take Sender form payload option is not coming in ID.......

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajeev,

Sorry I have hit a dead end here.

But, let me assure you once again that the option Take Sender from payload is available from SP 14 on XI 3.0 . Maybe your Basis team can help you on this, but , once again, this option is available from SP 14 onwards.

Regards

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to confirm this option is available on SP 14, look at the release notes of SP 14,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cf/9844428e9cbe30e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

+The following adapters now have additional parameters:

· IDoc Adapter

It is now possible to get the sender and receiver of a message from the payload.+

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/42/c81d94c7a56bafe10000000a1553f6/content.htm

This is basically the take Sender from payload and take receievr from paylaod options.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

i noticed a very strange thing now on XI-dev SP14 system for idoc adapter. in the idoc adapter, these options are coming:

Queue processing

Apply control rec values from payload

<b>Pass receiver value from payload

Pass receiver value from payload</b>

So why is "Pass receiver value from payload" coming twice in XI-Dev system and "Take sender from payload" is not coming in XI-DEV system in ID......

How to rectify this idoc adapter config issue........

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajeev,

This has to do with the Incorrect importing of the SAP basis component. Basis has to look into this I have no clue.

Can you just try to select the first "Take Receiver From payload" in the Idoc adapter and try this out?

Regards

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to add another quick point, when you select this option take sender from payload, the value you give for SDNPRN is the value with which the Idoc is posted to the target system for the SNDPRN.

In the Header mapping with XPATH, the value you give for the XPATH is used to located the Business system and the logical system name of this business system is used here.

So, even ifyou are successful in Take sender from payload , the SNDPRN should contain the logical system name and not the name of the business system ( as done in header mapping )

Regards

Bhavesh

PS : I tried the header mapping with XPATH on my Server now and it works fine . This is a PI SP 10 system though.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Rajeev,

>>>>XI-sandbox is on XI3.0 SP19 whereas XI-dev is on XI3.0 SP14...........

this question should never appear in this context as in

one ladscepe you need to have the same SPs

from sandbox till PRD

this way you will not have issues like that when you start transporting to PRD

BTW

IMHO - not only SP should be the same but also patch levels

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Assuming that this is a situation where the client wants to test SP 19 out before upgrading his production just to make sure that there are no issues on the latest patch SP 19.

I agree that there maybe issues when moving objects from Dev to QA as they are on different SP's but, from a standalone interface perspective this should work right?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

yah you are correct........our client wants to test SP19 before moving to SP19 for production..........last month everything from sandbox to PRD was SP14......this month XI-sandbox was upgraded to SP19...........

Now my scenario on both xi-sandbox and xi-dev are same..........both have header mapping in sender service using XPATH of SNDPRN field of control rec of idoc....corresponding to SNDPRN fild in mapping, i am sending the business service name maintained in ID......These business service have in adapter specific attributes the logical system name of SAP R/3 we20 LS where the inbound parameter is maintained for this idoc..........

these settings are same for sanbox and dev for both xi and r/3.........

now my question why sandbox is working fine and dev is giving error in xi which i have stated above......

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajeev,

Not sure why it is not working on SP 14.

As a work around and a better solution recommened by SAP, Do not use Header mapping and instead in the Idoc adapter "Take sender from Payload" . In this case, the value of SNDPRN is taken as the snedr partner name.

In this case SNDPRN and SNDPRT shopuld be set to the sender partner name and sender partner type in the Idoc control record.

from this link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/96/791c42375d5033e10000000a155106/content.htm

<i>Setting the senders and receivers of a message from the payload simplifies configuration and speeds up processing.</i>

Regards

Bhavesh