cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

easyDM: is FOL doc type mandatory for folder creation, how to default doc type for folder creation

former_member192883
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All:

1. Can I use custom document type (Ex: ZFL) to create a folder in easyDMS instead of using existing document type FOL ?. What are the drawbacks of not using FOL document type?.

2. How can I default document type (Ex: ZFL) when user tries to create a folder instead of choosing from several existing other document types.

Thank you

Mohan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

1. Yes you can use custom doc type to create folders and subfolders.

2. For setting default doc types for creating folders and documents, go to preferences in EasyDMS and set the default values:

/Tilak Raj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mohan,

1. Can I use custom document type (Ex: ZFL) to create a folder in easyDMS instead of using existing document type FOL ?. What are the drawbacks of not using FOL document type?.

Yes, you can use other document types instead of using FOL, I suggest to create the Z document type copying FOL document type This will not give you any inconsistency.

2. How can I default document type (Ex: ZFL) when user tries to create a folder instead of choosing from several existing other document types.

You can use document type default settings as mentioned by Tilak and in case of Easy DMS but the same is not available in ECC.

Thank you

Nayeem.