Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Short Dump in ME21N

azizahamed
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear,

While creating return PO, system is throwing ABAP short dump.

In ME21N, I enter all the data=>check the return flag=>Press enter and getting the short dump(attached screenshot).

If I don't check the return flag then no short dump.

If I remove the confirmation control key from vendor master and try to create the return PO then no short dump.

I have checked with the ABAP consultant, according to him, when I press Enter, a check is carried out in EKES table, field-Sequential Number. In the first entry in this table, that field is blank where Item=10. screenshot attached.

why system is not allowing to create return PO when confirmation control key is present in vendor master?

Can you please give some idea on this?

Thanks

Aziz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member188914
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case of return PO, there is no inbound delivery and hence no confirmation control key. As soon as you tick return item, confirmation control key(if any) should be automatically blank and field is greyed out. Do not fill any confirmation control key in confirmation tab .

Regards,

PollyGan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Aziz,

I'm not sure about your process, but in standard the confirmation in return PO is not supported:
1. the confirmation key will be cleared

2. the whole confirmation tab will be grey out

Check out note 207946:
----------

For returns items, neither a confirmation control key should be copied from the

default data nor should it be possible to enter it manually.

----------

Have you done any modification?

Best regards,
Polly

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look into KBA 1920656 - Dump BIT_OFFSET_NOT_POSITIVE when displaying a PO and the referenced OSS notes. this might give you some background and you may test the correction report if it helps, otherwise you need to approach SAP Support to analyze the root cause and fix the error.