SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exam dates and time not appearing on student's timetable

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created an assessment for a module exam and have entered scheduling details. Students are registered onto the module and an assessment process is opened. However, when I check for the exam on the student's timetable schedule from the student file it is not there (nothing in the students calendar).

I have read that an assessment object can be related to a business event type (D) for scheduling the exam. If I do this and create a business event (E) for the exam and include that into a business event package for the module (SE), then the student registering onto the module and the business event package will also get the exam event on their timetable/calendar.

Is this the only way? There is duplication of entry for the exam scheduling details it seems to me if I do it this way, once in the CE object for the scheduled assessment and a second time in the business event E within event planning

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thank you in advance

Andreas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dirk_pape3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

you do not need to do maintain the date & time twice! Just try:

1. Like you already found out: Relate a D-Object to the CE with relation 549 (if you do not care you even can take only one D for multiple CE, though I would not recommend it).
  2. Then relate an R-object (resource type) of kind "room" to the D with relation 022, so SAP knows that you need a room for the CE. Tthis is mandatory, otherwise the next step is not possible!
  3. Now if you schedule an exam in PIQEXAM, you see a checkbox "room booking" (I do not know for sure, if this is the English label!).

If you check this checkbox, choose a room for the scheduled assessment an save this, SAP SLCM will take care for creating and maintaining the E-Object for the scheduled exam by itself. Even afterwards if you change date and/or time unless you do not uncheck the checkbox or delete the room assignment.

This is a kind of limited functionality by this time, since you need a room assigned to the scheduled assessment to make this happen, but it works 🙂

Dirk

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

dirk_pape3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

you do not need to do maintain the date & time twice! Just try:

1. Like you already found out: Relate a D-Object to the CE with relation 549 (if you do not care you even can take only one D for multiple CE, though I would not recommend it).
  2. Then relate an R-object (resource type) of kind "room" to the D with relation 022, so SAP knows that you need a room for the CE. Tthis is mandatory, otherwise the next step is not possible!
  3. Now if you schedule an exam in PIQEXAM, you see a checkbox "room booking" (I do not know for sure, if this is the English label!).

If you check this checkbox, choose a room for the scheduled assessment an save this, SAP SLCM will take care for creating and maintaining the E-Object for the scheduled exam by itself. Even afterwards if you change date and/or time unless you do not uncheck the checkbox or delete the room assignment.

This is a kind of limited functionality by this time, since you need a room assigned to the scheduled assessment to make this happen, but it works 🙂

Dirk

0 Kudos

Hi Dirk and thanks for your response

I think you mean this ...

I have done the above, however, I do not see an academic event (E) in transaction PIQACADOFFER00 - Edit Event Offerings within my Business Event Type ...

Also, I was looking to see the exam date/time in the student's timetable (like classes appear when a student books onto the business event package, or the business event itself), but it's not there. The only way I have been able to make this happen is to create an E object myself which is the same as the scheduled exam and make the student book onto it like they would book onto a class.

Am I missing something?

Thanks again

Andreas

0 Kudos

Hi Andeas,

when you see the checkbox "Room Reservations" you have done the preparations correctly,

Events now will be created automatically for the assessment processes of those CE.

And yes, you are right. The integration in SAP SLCM is not (yet) so established, that students are automatically booked to those events when they become registered to the assessment process in context of the scheduled assessment.

You have different options to proceed now:

1. You can enhance the "student's time table" by displaying not only all booked events but also the scheduled assesssments. But then you loose the integration of the booking, esp. collision check a.s.o.
  2. maybe better: implement the BAdI "HRPIQ00EVOB_REGCHECK" do do appropriate checks (collision of bookings) and if all is well, book the E-object for the student as a side effect in the BAdI implementation. Integration to student's time table would then be for granted.

I did not yet try the second option, because I had no need to. But it could work IMHO. You should test it well, though.

Regards,

Dirk