cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning book locking from editing KF's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 2 PB;s, each have 1 data view used by my planners. As per our cycle, after manual adjustments done by planners, we release forecast to SNP on 15th of every month,  Each PB has one KF for input option (editable)

We want those 2 PB, data views to be locked from editing after forecast release to last day of every month.

TIA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

First of all always maintain parameter /SAPAPO/SDP94_D_MODE with value "I" in SU01 under parameter tab. This makes sure that planning book is opened in display mode (always).

Now coming back to your requirement you can write a default macro as mentioned in below link. You can make kef figures input ready during cycle and when cycle is closed you can make them read only with this macro.

As far as release is concerned you should always use separate planning book for releasing the forecast for which users should not have authorization(s).

If this answers your question follow How to close a discussion and why

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already applied the note to to open planning book in display mode by default.I looked into post. will create and test the Macro. I just want to understand , same macro goes to non editable as per dates mentioned and applies same for editable too ?

I need to run this in a mass processing by scheduling or where should it be placed, I mean default ?

TIA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, yes, we have seperate PB for release. PB's i'm talking are diff pb's which are accessed by planners for manual adjustments.

TIA

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes it will do both together as per dates. It's a IF condition macro, if dates are in between that range it will open else it will close. No need to run any job. In /sapapo/ADVM you can put the same under default event on top right side.

Also check below link to get understanding of the same.

Standard Macros - Planning Book Design - SAP Library

Try the same in your test environment and you will understand.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, Got it thanks, I just want to know , what if I want to edit KF in those non ediatble period, Just deactivate the Macro ?

TIA

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Remove it from default event or adjust the dates accordingly in the macro. Other way could be deactivate but above can also meet your requirement.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried re-producing the same Macro as mentioned . However I'm getting this error. Please advise

TIA

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

the values in brackets should be with space. Example ( X ) instead of (X). Compare your macro with example provided, you have not copied accordingly.

let me know if it resolved issue else put screen shot again after changes.

regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the input. Corrected the Macro.

I have a issue now. I have copied the Macro as it is and updated date as current date to month end.

Checked the result in PB.It worked well My problem is when I tried changing the date from current date to i.e 16th to 17 and activated it tested again in PB, its still showing in display mode. Tried coming out of PB and checked again.

What if I want to change the dates in future ?

Am I missing any logic ?

TIA

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me explain you again the functionality with above screen shot you have mentioned (for final macro in your last message). With date range "Between 17~30" the planning book will be in display mode from 1~16 and will be in change mode from 17~30. CELL_INPUT function with value 1 means ready for input and with value 0 means read only. Put dates according to your requirement.

I hope its clear for yourself and keep on closing your old threads.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Got the functionality, Macro is working fine but there is small change in requirement.

User wants the system to lock KF as soon as a job runs on 14th of every month and to unlock or to edit mode as soon as a job runs on 4th of every month.

Please advise what changes can be applied to Macro to meet the requirements.

----------------

Hi ,

I tried this logic as shown in screenshot and didn't put the macros in default, instead I have created mass jobs and tried, However KF is not going to display mode, Though the same works if put in default when tested. Please find the screen shots attached.

Answers (0)